Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mirena users...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
this is the second time I've had it put in (7 months ago) after I delivered. this past week I have started to bleed for the first time since I've had it in. I've had some mild cramps so I have assumed its my period. but the clots of blood and how long I've been bleeding makes me think it could be something else? is it normal to start bleeding after so long or should I go see my doctor? I don't remember bleeding at all the first time. thanks for any help.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:37 AM
bump
Mom2jngnc
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:37 AM

call your Dr

I have mine for just over 4 yrs and never experienced any problems.

mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:39 AM
The blood clots in not sure about but you can go a long time with no period and then get it. I just talked to my doc about it. Cuz I started bleeding suddenly

If you are really concerned talk to you doc
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Pedro
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:45 AM
I had a period the whole time... It came right on time or 4 days or less late every month. It tapered down to almost nothing(last 6 months it got longer and longer though), but the last two periods were different... The second to last I bled a lot more than usual but it lasted about as long as usual. The last one I had been on it for 6 days then it began getting much heavier... I woke up the next morning and the mirena fell out in a golfball sized clot and I kept bleeding like that for 10 more days with moderate cramps...Then it was suddenly over.

If keep your eye out or call the doc. You can have breakthrough bleeding, but it could be a sign of it expelling or embedding.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Thibmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:45 AM
I had one for 8 months before I got it removed. I didn't care for it. I do remember going a while before I bled again. But the blood clots concern me. I have never heard or experience that before. I'd call my doctor about it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:51 AM
my period as always been irregular so when I actually get one I automatically assume something is wrong. I had the same size clot, if not bigger, come out a few days after I had my baby but was not experiencing any pain or anything so I didn't tell anyone for some reason. called the dr ad of course was directed to the nurse hotline so I might not hear back for a day or two.

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

I had a period the whole time... It came right on time or 4 days or less late every month. It tapered down to almost nothing(last 6 months it got longer and longer though), but the last two periods were different... The second to last I bled a lot more than usual but it lasted about as long as usual. The last one I had been on it for 6 days then it began getting much heavier... I woke up the next morning and the mirena fell out in a golfball sized clot and I kept bleeding like that for 10 more days with moderate cramps...Then it was suddenly over.

If keep your eye out or call the doc. You can have breakthrough bleeding, but it could be a sign of it expelling or embedding.
Mrs.Pedro
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:02 PM
I always have decent sized clots with my period and post partum bleeding, but these were the biggest ever... I say these because I dropped one the same size once a day for about 4 days after it fell out.

If something feels off to you, then its definitely not a bad idea to be checked. As long as you aren't soaking a pad every hour and the clots aren't too much bigger than what you described, then you should be fine... If anything else pops up as a possible symptom then don't let it go. If you bleed more than a pad an hour then go to the ER. This is what I would do. I'm not a professional or anything though.

Quoting Anonymous:

my period as always been irregular so when I actually get one I automatically assume something is wrong. I had the same size clot, if not bigger, come out a few days after I had my baby but was not experiencing any pain or anything so I didn't tell anyone for some reason. called the dr ad of course was directed to the nurse hotline so I might not hear back for a day or two.

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:05 PM
thanks! DH wants me to be checked just in case so now I just have to wait for them to call back.

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

I always have decent sized clots with my period and post partum bleeding, but these were the biggest ever... I say these because I dropped one the same size once a day for about 4 days after it fell out.

If something feels off to you, then its definitely not a bad idea to be checked. As long as you aren't soaking a pad every hour and the clots aren't too much bigger than what you described, then you should be fine... If anything else pops up as a possible symptom then don't let it go. If you bleed more than a pad an hour then go to the ER. This is what I would do. I'm not a professional or anything though.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured