Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My OBGYN said...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 92 Replies
That I would have to stop breastfeeding (except for some night comfort feeding) to get my period and be able to have another baby. And even then it usually takes 3 MONTHS after to get a period! I dont want to wean yet but I'd like to have my 2nd and last baby ASAP and then possibly get my tubes tied.

Did it take you 3 months to get a period after you stopped nursing??

(My LO is 7 months)

Edit: That is not the only reason I.am considering weaning. We have had thrush for the whole 7 months and I've treated it with everything multiple times. He also has teeth now and is biting me.

Edit Again: This OB is not my regular doctor. My midwife is on naternity leave until March and he is filling in for her.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Why are you in such a rush to have another baby? How old are you?

TigOlBitties
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:25 PM
No I got mine after 6 weeks and I was exclusively breastfeeding. My period came like clockwork and I breastfed for 2 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:26 PM
5 moms liked this

I wouldn't even consider weaning my child from their main food source at 7 months to have another baby. Wait a few more months and then have another child.

I am one of the unlucky few who had AF return right away despite EBF both kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:27 PM
I want my kids really close in age like my sister and I were. I also did not like having a small infant at all and would like to get through the newborn stage with my last and then enjoy watching them grow together.. I dont feel like my age matters.. We can afford 2 and both want 2 children as close in age as possible.

Quoting owl0210:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:29 PM
I dont want to wean but that is not the only reason I am considering weaning. We have had thrush this entire time and he has teeth now and is constantly biting me no matter what I do.

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

I wouldn't even consider weaning my child from their main food source at 7 months to have another baby. Wait a few more months and then have another child.

I am one of the unlucky few who had AF return right away despite EBF both kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:29 PM

He is an educated idiot. Every woman and every post pregnancy is different. I exclusively breastfed both my children. With my first my period came back three months post partum. With my second it was 18 months before i got my period back.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Well my mom got pregnant twice while breast feeding. My brother is the oldest. My sister is 2 years younger. And I'm 13 months younger than her. She was still bfing my brother when she got pregnant with my sister... So its possible to get pregnant while bfing... But I wpuldnt stop bfing just to have another baby... Trust me- wait awhile. Once they get in the terrible twos... You just want to pull your hair out!!
OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:30 PM

What is the rush?

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:30 PM

When a woman is in such a rush to have another baby it's usually due to their maternal age that is why I asked...hopefully it doesn't take years for you to get pregnant.

Quoting Anonymous:

I want my kids really close in age like my sister and I were. I also did not like having a small infant at all and would like to get through the newborn stage with my last and then enjoy watching them grow together.. I dont feel like my age matters.. We can afford 2 and both want 2 children as close in age as possible.

Quoting owl0210:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Lol to me you are lucky. Did you have problems with thrush or your LO biting you once they had teeth? I cant get my son to stop biting or get rid of the thrush we've had for the entire 7 months.

Quoting TigOlBitties:

No I got mine after 6 weeks and I was exclusively breastfeeding. My period came like clockwork and I breastfed for 2 years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)