Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ask me anything. 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Replies (21-30):
ShanesMommy2012
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Well my mom passed away, along with her mom & dad. My dad and stepdad both don't talk to me. My dad will text me when he's drunk or bored but that's like once a month. My grandparents on my dad's side live far away so they decide not to call or visit. 

Quoting smushy79:

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

I meant parents, grandparents, etc. 

Quoting smushy79:

Then you have family.

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

One. 

Quoting smushy79:

Do you have kids?

I see, how do you feel about that? Was it your decision or theirs? I have cutoff family before.

ShanesMommy2012
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:01 PM

I agree, but it kind of sucks when that's the only family you have. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Then you should say you don't have any parents, grandparents etc. Not that you don't have a family. Because husband (SO) and kids is a family. At least in my book it is.

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

No mom or dad.

I have a SO and DS, but I was talking about parents, grandparents, etc. 

Quoting Anonymous:

You don't have a family? No mom? Dad? Husband? Kids? Because kids are a family too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Me either, other than hubby.  I'm fine with it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:03 PM

They may be far away and estranged, but you have family.  AND, you have your son.  I have no family.  My father died when I was three in a car wreck.  My mother died when I was 18 of cancer.  They were both only children of only children.  They were both older when they had me and both sets of grandparents died before I came along.  I do not have children yet, but ttc.  I want so badly not to be alone in this world. 

ShanesMommy2012
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:06 PM

This isn't a competition. I didn't ask you to compare your life to mine. 

Quoting Anonymous:

They may be far away and estranged, but you have family.  AND, you have your son.  I have no family.  My father died when I was three in a car wreck.  My mother died when I was 18 of cancer.  They were both only children of only children.  They were both older when they had me and both sets of grandparents died before I came along.  I do not have children yet, but ttc.  I want so badly not to be alone in this world. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Ooooo - strike a nerve that maybe someone else might have a worse lot in life? Maybe she's just  trying to point out that you don't have it so bad. I'm betting you're the one who always whines about everything too.  Oh, boo hoo... I've got it so hard. 

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Are you on PA?

ShanesMommy2012
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:13 PM

No, I don't whine. I wasn't spoiled or anything.. I just don't like how she's trying to compete. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Ooooo - strike a nerve that maybe someone else might have a worse lot in life? Maybe she's just  trying to point out that you don't have it so bad. I'm betting you're the one who always whines about everything too.  Oh, boo hoo... I've got it so hard. 

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Are you married?

ShanesMommy2012
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:15 PM

What does that have to do with anything? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you on PA?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured