Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Headaches please i need help really bad

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:51 PM
  • 7 Replies

Friday i had a headache so bad nothing i took helped or would stay down if i moved it got worse if i didn't move at all it didn't hurt so bad. I had to go to the ER and have them help me. I have another headache like that today it's so bad i cry then hide my head then sit stock still so it doesn't hurt so bad but i have a 2 yr old and 11 month old home and hubby is working 12 hours today. I hate hate hate pain killer's my mom has a problem with them which is why i refuse any but these are so bad i accept them. Does anyone know what kind of headache goes from your eyes to the sides of your head and down the back of your neck that gets worse upon moving and stops hurting when your still?

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
twin_mama_x_2
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Have you had your blood pressure checked?i only ask because when I was pregnant,I ended up w severe preeclampsia and them post partum eclampsia and have gotten just wicked headaches ever since.i am on blood pressure meds/water pill and that has helped tremendously..just a thought.hope you feel better!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bonniemommy100
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:57 PM

my BP is 113/73 which is normal for me  

Quoting twin_mama_x_2:

Have you had your blood pressure checked?i only ask because when I was pregnant,I ended up w severe preeclampsia and them post partum eclampsia and have gotten just wicked headaches ever since.i am on blood pressure meds/water pill and that has helped tremendously..just a thought.hope you feel better!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Most headached are caused by stress, or dehydration. Get somr Gatorade and drink it. Also, start a headache diary. Find out what your
Triggers are. Write down what you ate and drank yesterday and today. For your headache you have now, try Tylenol, aspirin, and caffeine. Naproxen is good too. ( Aleve)
ddhb2007
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:58 PM

It sounds like a migraine.  I know this sounds crazy, but sometimes taking a decongestant / antihistimine with some ibuprofen and a can of pop (for the caffeine) helps.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I get migraines often. I started to keep a food/activity diary so I could find my trigger. Like the pp said. One of my really bad triggers is the artifical sugar they put in yogurt. Makes my head explode, have went to the ER because of it.Once I have found several triggers I try to stay away from them, sometimes I still get migraines but not as often. Also if I can head it off when it starts it doesn't get bad.

dbrown1989
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Do your shoulders or neck hurt? Or do you feel a lot of tension in your shoulders? I get headaches like that every single day and it is because of a pinched nerve in my neck. It hurts to move my neck all the time. If this is the case, I have lots of streches and pressure point tips!

bonniemommy100
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:09 PM

My neck feel's tight that's about it

Quoting dbrown1989:

Do your shoulders or neck hurt? Or do you feel a lot of tension in your shoulders? I get headaches like that every single day and it is because of a pinched nerve in my neck. It hurts to move my neck all the time. If this is the case, I have lots of streches and pressure point tips!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)