Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Acrylic French Tips - Help me get these suckers off!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

I got my first set of acrylic french tip nails for my wedding on Feb. 13 and the man said to either soak them to get them off or come back to the salon to get them filled. I don't want to get them filled so I am ready to remove them. What do you soak them in to get them off and is that all you have to do? Thanks!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SeamusNBaby
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Go have them remove them. Or you risk stripping your nails
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:43 PM
You need to soak them in acetone. You could also go back and have them soak them off and just do a regular manicure.
areles
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:44 PM

go back to the salon.  they can remove them.

or, buy pure acetone and soak them in that; you'll have to go to a beauty supply store.  

MsRkg
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Nail polish remover with acetone. That's the only way. It takes a long while, but you have to soak them and let the acrylic kind of melt off. When it gets "soft" you can use a nail clipper on the edges and pry them off gently.

Honestly, though you should go back to the salon and let them do it professionally or you risk damaging your nails, and while you are there get a basic manicure with some strengthening nail polish to help your nails.

Hippimama333
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:45 PM
This acetone works great! You can get it at Sally's I believe

Quoting spunky946:

You need to soak them in acetone. You could also go back and have them soak them off and just do a regular manicure.

MicheleJM
by Phoenix on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:45 PM
And be prepared to soak....and soak....and soak...I trimmed my nails and soaked them off but it takes a long time. Never got tips again.

Quoting spunky946:

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Go get them removed at the salon.

Get a manicure and request a gel or shellac polish it will protect your nails, they're gonna be super weak and brittle
the.warden
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:46 PM
After ripping off acrylic nails, I know how terrible it is for your nails. I suggest going back to the salon to have them removed. But if you decide to remove them yourself, buy acetone.
kdloves.
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Dip cotton balls in PURE ACETONE. Place a saturated cotton ball on each nail and wrap each nail in foil. Leave them on for about 30 minutes and your nails should come off easily. 

If I were you, I'd go back to the salon to have them removed. Taking them off yourself could potentially destroy your nails. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

nikabear
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Pure acetone will work. Just pour it in a bowl and soak them!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN