Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

seriously starting to worry i will starve to death **update**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 150 Replies

my pregnancies have always been pukey ones. right up until delivery.

but usually i could keep some food and drink down. 

for about 2 weeks now, i have not been able to keep ANYTHING i eat in my tummy for more than 5 min. seriously, its not even funny. i eat ONE peice of toast and in minutes i am hurling it back up. sometimes i can get a cup or two of coffee in before puing that up. 

i feel like i am slowly starving to death. i am so HUNGRY. my tummy growls and rumbles and it hurts. i am so hungry it HURTS. if i eat, like i said within min i am puking it back up. i am 36 weeks and have a few to go, not sure i will survive. 

at this point i am getting dizzy and lightheaded after being on my feet only a few min, i am so tired and exhausted from when i get up to when i crawl into bed. i cant even keep a meal replacement drink down. 

i am seriously about to cry. i am so hungry. and it isnt even heartburn it is more like a lack of room at this point. my bump is super tiny people think i am 5-6 mo along. 

i dont know what to do. at this point i dont see how me or baby are getting any nutrition. 

im gonna die, arent i?

Hey guys i am in saskatoon at RUH they sent me strraight up to the L&D floor i thought i would be sitting in the er forever but nope i am already in a bed with the monitors hooked up listening to babies heartbeat. He keeps kicking the thing on my belly i dont think he likes it i am just waiting for the resident on call but it could be awhile cuz lots of babies are being born tonight.

Pls keep me company. I feel silly and like i am wasting their time but they dont seem to mind.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:07 PM

;-(

mariesmama
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:08 PM

can they induce a month early?

imultracool
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:08 PM
You need to call your Dr!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amandae21
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:08 PM
2 moms liked this

There are medicines for that, you know. Zofran and phenergan to name a couple.

catrig
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Go to the hospital.  They can give you an IV and hopefully some medication to help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:09 PM

i dont know........i am just holding out .....feel like a third world person must feel.....its terrible. i am so hungry 

Quoting mariesmama:

can they induce a month early?

thecoffeefairy
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:10 PM
2 moms liked this
Drink peppermint tea. It's the only way I could hold down anything. I are a protein bar. Like one bite. Then a sip of tea and wait. Then another nibble. I drank a lot of tea but it helps.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GigantaursMommy
by MrsAwesomePants on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:10 PM

You need to go to the doctor!

DonnaNoble
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree. This close to term, there might even be an antiemetic that is safe.

Quoting imultracool:

You need to call your Dr!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sissyboogs
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Ask your doctor for an anti-nausea med...if I remember correctly, zofran is safe for pregnancy. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)