Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Seizures

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
I think watching a bad seizure is about one of the most terrifying things I've ever seen. I work with adults who have disabilities, so I see seizures. It's always scary, even when they only last thirty seconds. Just knowing there's nothing in the world you can do but watch. I hate it.

A woman had a bad one today. She turned blue, her breaths slowed down to about one per ten-fifteen seconds. I couldn't find her pulse for what felt like forever, and when I finally got it, it was so weak. The whole thing lasted about 8 min.
I just hate it. There's nothing worse then just sitting there holding her and praying and trying to run over the steps for cpr in your head while waiting for an ambulance.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Bump
ferrellmt
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:15 PM

my 15 yo dd has seizures. it is super scary and i hate it

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Ugh I couldn't even imagine if it was my daughter. I'm so sorry :(

Quoting ferrellmt:

my 15 yo dd has seizures. it is super scary and i hate it

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Bump
ferrellmt
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:21 PM

thanks-

Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:24 PM

when my 13 yr old was 3 he had 2 grand mal before his meds were given and worked.

Givemefive
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:26 PM

My son used to have seizures and still has medicine that I always have with me for emergencies. I have had other frights in my life but none as terrifying as seeing my own son having a seizure then going limp. I thought maybe he was going to die the first time he had a big one. Being with him in an ambulance was so scary. I used to have seizures myself and I hate them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Wow. It is scary. It's just the not knowing and knowing nothing you can do about it :(

Quoting Givemefive:

My son used to have seizures and still has medicine that I always have with me for emergencies. I have had other frights in my life but none as terrifying as seeing my own son having a seizure then going limp. I thought maybe he was going to die the first time he had a big one. Being with him in an ambulance was so scary. I used to have seizures myself and I hate them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Oh my. I don't know if I could handle that (my dd is three)

Quoting Jamie1972:

when my 13 yr old was 3 he had 2 grand mal before his meds were given and worked.

SuperPickle
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Oh I know that feeling....time just freaking stands still when DH has a seizure. I feel so helpless.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)