Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How many People on PA live comfortably?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

My dh seems to think they all do

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

ROFL,, Nope, we struggle just to pay the bills.  We used to get FS till i started getting disability and now we get food boxes every month just to feed the family thru the month. Even with FS we had to struggle to pay the bills.

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:02 PM

I consider 600 bucks to feed 3 people with two of them small kids to be cushy, we spend a portion of that a month(FS amount from another post).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:03 PM
We struggle. The only thing we are able to give our kids is food. It sucks. Dh was hit by a car and is now disabled, and his disability is not much. I work 2 jobs and since he can't take care of the kids, we have daycare. And daycare assistance is tapped out. We pay $1400/mo for 3 kids. It sucks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this
The max for 3 people and no income is $526.

Quoting wkukid:

I consider 600 bucks to feed 3 people with two of them small kids to be cushy, we spend a portion of that a month(FS amount from another post).

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:05 PM

That's still a hell of alot more then our budget with no PA. Still cushy.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting wkukid:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:06 PM
I do, but feel bad about it and can't wait til my dd goes to school so i can get a job that gives me insurance
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:06 PM

How can someone live comfortably and need public assistance? The idea of that baffles me. If you receive PA you aren't able to live comfortably.

BEXi
by BEXi on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:06 PM

LOL No such thing... if they are on PA- they most likely dont have a hefty emergency savings. How is THAT comfortable?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Ehh I don't get pa but we spend about $150/mo pp. We don't eat anything processed and only whole foods. How much do you spend?

Quoting wkukid:

That's still a hell of alot more then our budget with no PA. Still cushy.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting wkukid:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

We struggle. The only thing we are able to give our kids is food. It sucks. Dh was hit by a car and is now disabled, and his disability is not much. I work 2 jobs and since he can't take care of the kids, we have daycare. And daycare assistance is tapped out. We pay $1400/mo for 3 kids. It sucks.

Do you qualify for child care assistance?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)