Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Update on my pregnant 15 yo dsd

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:05 PM
  • 73 Replies

We found out that her baby daddy is this 21 year old thug. He has a criminal record. She still wants to keep the baby even though she knows that the father more than likely will not be in the baby's life. We took her to her pediatrician today to get a referral to an obgyn and her grandma kept making comments like "I sure hope you're not 4 months because there is a clinic in Atlanta that will clip it out." and made a scissor gesture. Dsd looked upset. I asked her why she waited so long to tell anyone she was pregnant and she said that she was afraid someone would force her to have an abortion. I told her that me nor her dad would ever let that happen. I also told her that it was her body, her decision, and she had to live with her consequences. Considering she waited so long abortion is out of the question so her grandmother can GET OVER IT. All i can do is support her and love her. I'm glad she at least has an idea about how much work a baby requires. I just hope that she stays strong and doesn't let the negativity get her down.

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this
You insinuate in the post that she should abort because of the pos father...then say you support her either way? Makes no sense
becciguffey
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Not keeping the baby doesn't always mean abort...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommie_2_Boys
by Steph on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:09 PM
No she didn't. I mean what haopened to the option of adoption

Quoting Anonymous:

You insinuate in the post that she should abort because of the pos father...then say you support her either way? Makes no sense
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kris0921
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:09 PM
Good luck. I know many teenage moms that are doing great, they are older now though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:09 PM

She has no idea what a baby entails. She is fifteen! I hope you guys are ready to raise a baby.

Brkn.halo.6712
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:10 PM

no I didn't. She could give the baby up for adoption if she wanted to. What doesn't make sense?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:10 PM
2 moms liked this
So y'all have pressed charges against him right?
brebugmom91
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Thank you for being so supportive. I was 15 and pregnant, and I would not be where I am today without all the support I got. 

brebugmom91
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Ignorance. 

Quoting Anonymous:

She has no idea what a baby entails. She is fifteen! I hope you guys are ready to raise a baby.

misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:11 PM
2 moms liked this

I think you are handling the situation a lot better than most mothers. You seems very calm and collected. Hell, my mom told me she hated me when I told her I was pregnant and I was 19 and paid for rent (I still lived with her but was paying for rent and food). Good for you! She needs support right now more than ever.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)