Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Screw marriage I'd rather settle being a girlfriend for the rest of my life thank you!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 464 Replies
13 moms liked this

Nothing wrong with that right? Too many men out there are divorced, barely any that are "single" meaning never married, not divorced. Why should I have to worry myself to death about a greedy vindictive ex wife who could contact him anytime no matter how many years go by and ask "can you change my tire?" Or any other ridiculous thing where if he doesn't cooperate she'll send him to court for more alimony. Why waste the time? I have a baby with my 2nd boyfriend/baby daddy and we're happy. He didn't ask me to marry him, he asked me if I would have his child. That made me cry tears of joy. We're madly in love with each other. He loves my older child. I even him write him down as "stepdad" for secondary emergency contact for school/daycare besides the bio dad. We can be just as great as any other married couple without the worry of signing a contract into a marriage mental institution. . Marriage does not make a family. Love does!

When the time comes and in the event my boyfriend dies before me. I can suck it up and accept it that his ex/family will get everything and me and our kids won't get squat. They can't take away our memories. That's more sacred than money.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ladyluvbug03
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:18 PM
16 moms liked this

I am a married woman and I am in love with my husband. I dont think "marriage" makes a family but it is our love that got us where we are. I had my DD before I met my DH and she always referred to him as her moms "boyfriend" I cant tell you how happy she was and the joy I see in her face when she can now say "stepdad" at 9 she knew the difference. I think when youre not married it is much easier to walk away, we are now commited in a way. I just think its whatever you want. I do however think it shouldnt be taken for granted, do you know how many are fighting for this privelege?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:20 PM
100 moms liked this

So he won't marry you, huh?

Famousglm714
by Gina on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Whatever works for you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lovnmy3boys
by Paula on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Sure.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:25 PM
2 moms liked this

Im not married but I would rather be married. You know life insurance policy and all. Unless I was in a common law state and Im not. So I want to be married so that if he dies, my child and I will be okay. I love him though aside from the life insurance thing so yeah I still want the marriage.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:26 PM
13 moms liked this

or he is already married, or she will lose her PA.

Quoting Anonymous:

So he won't marry you, huh?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:26 PM
31 moms liked this

Oh, for Heaven's sake! Come back in 10 years and then tell me how great your relationship is!

Marriage is sometimes the ONLY reason a couple doesn't break up. It is like glue that holds everything together in the not-so-great times so that they can still be together when things get better. You won't see the wonderful  "other side" because, at the first sign of trouble, one or both of you will just leave and move on.

ms-superwoman
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:27 PM
21 moms liked this

Don't have to marry a man, to have to deal with a crazy ex.

Lauriemom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:27 PM
17 moms liked this

So basicly, your boyfriend won't marry you and you're finding reasons you are ok with it...

Amiehart62
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:28 PM

meh. some people are not cut out to be married. whatevs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)