Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Screw marriage I'd rather settle being a girlfriend for the rest of my life thank you!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Nothing wrong with that right? Too many men out there are divorced, barely any that are "single" meaning never married, not divorced. Why should I have to worry myself to death about a greedy vindictive ex wife who could contact him anytime no matter how many years go by and ask "can you change my tire?" Or any other ridiculous thing where if he doesn't cooperate she'll send him to court for more alimony. Why waste the time? I have a baby with my 2nd boyfriend/baby daddy and we're happy. He didn't ask me to marry him, he asked me if I would have his child. That made me cry tears of joy. We're madly in love with each other. He loves my older child. I even him write him down as "stepdad" for secondary emergency contact for school/daycare besides the bio dad. We can be just as great as any other married couple without the worry of signing a contract into a marriage mental institution. . Marriage does not make a family. Love does!

When the time comes and in the event my boyfriend dies before me. I can suck it up and accept it that his ex/family will get everything and me and our kids won't get squat. They can't take away our memories. That's more sacred than money.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:28 PM
5 moms liked this
Baby momma's are crazier than ex wives... Just sayin
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:29 PM

i wish i felt that way. tonight begins my fucking divorce after 20 years

Tinabee88
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Me thinks OP doth protest too much.

Quoting Anonymous:

So he won't marry you, huh?

-_-
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this
You're so silly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:33 PM

So you don't want to get married. Okie dokie.

heresjohnny
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:43 PM
19 moms liked this

Love doesn't give you any legal rights either. You will have to pay more for separate insurance premiums. If he's in the hospital, the staff can deny you from visiting. You won't be able to make any medical decisions for him. You'll have to file your taxes separately and will have to pay more because of it. Businesses can refuse to give you the family discount. Your employers don't have to give you any kind of family leave if your SO falls ill. When he dies, you aren't entitled to any of his property, and won't get any kind of benefits a wife would otherwise be entitled to. If he does leave you anything, you'll have to pay taxes on it. You won't be able to collect on his SS or retirement when he passes away.

Marriage doesn't make a family, but it sure as fuck gives you rights that a girlfriend isn't entitled to.

The.Hug.Life
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:59 PM
7 moms liked this

You just sound bitter as hell.

I'm married, happily so, in love and I have rights that define us legally as a family. (BTW, just because you marry someone, it doesn't mean you love them any less. In fact, I'd say it means you love them more. Because you are willing to commit yourself legally to a lifetime of this person and provide for them legally.) 

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:01 PM
4 moms liked this
If that's what works for you, more power to you. I love being married.
But you don't sound happy, I'm sorry to tell you that...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Oh, for Heaven's sake! Come back in 10 years and then tell me how great your relationship is!

Marriage is sometimes the ONLY reason a couple doesn't break up. It is like glue that holds everything together in the not-so-great times so that they can still be together when things get better. You won't see the wonderful  "other side" because, at the first sign of trouble, one or both of you will just leave and move on.

Or the handcuffs that traps people together...
EvaTheDiva29
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:07 PM

lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)