Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SO- No food/meals?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies
So another post got me thinking... It seems a lot of people don't meal plan or cook. I'm just curious as to what you eat for dinner? What do you feed the kids? Not bashing, generally curious.

I plan meals every week. I get cranky when I skip meals, lol, so I don't do it. We don't always eat the healthiest, but we eat a meal every night. I can't imagine not. I'm really just curious here.

ETA- I'm not talking about those that can't afford meals. I'm truly sorry it that's your situation and I hope it gets better soon. I'm asking those that don't cook or meal plan, even if they could.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I can't plan a week out.. Because by the time the day comes I won't want what I planned. I plan the day of and usually go to the grocery store every day. It may seem ridiculous to some.. But it works for me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kngarber
by Katie on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:50 PM
2 moms liked this

I literally walk up and down every isle and pick up whatever I want.  LOL.  I do my meal planning as I am shopping. 

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:51 PM

We don't skip meals. I cook. I don't have a set plan always though, but a general idea of what I have in the fridge and pantry and what I wish to cook.  I cook but don't do a written plan. I am pretty flexible where planning is concerned.

damionsmama7195
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this

i make a meal plan ever two weeks

SheciaBaby
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:52 PM
I cook for my kids... Just sometimes I'm not in the mood for something I planned
happykitty316
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:53 PM

I don't generally pre plan.  If I think of something in the morning I take out the meat and that's what we have.  Tonight we had pot roast.  Yesterday I did not plan anything and we had hot dogs, at DS's request.  Some nights we have eggs, quesodillas, spaghetti or other pasta, pancakes, or frozen pizza.  On nights I do plan, I usually make double the recipe so there is enough to freeze, and another night I can just heat up the frozen dish.  

Thomasmom07
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I cook everyday but don't meal plan. I buy meat in bulk so always have any kind of meat I need. When I go to the grocery store I buy fruit, veggies and other sides like brown rice, sweet potatoes etc so I can pretty much cook anything I want
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:56 PM
I don't really meal plan I mean when I go to the store I know what's in my fridge and pantry and freezer. I stay pretty well stocked on meats veggies fruits and the pantry stuff I use alot. So the night before or in the mornings I decide what I want to cook for dinner. But I don't have a set plan for the week
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AprilDJC
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this
As a busy single mom working and going to college, I absolutely have to plan lol. I plan a weeks worth of meals, shop once a week, and thats that. We eat what was planned lol.
ilovemykids323
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:57 PM

I dont plan what we are going to eat every day. I make a list of 13 meals for lunch and supper. and than when the time comes we pick off of it for whatever we want. but in a way it's still meal planning. i odnt just go to the store and grab whatever.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)