Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

has your baby ever cried so much you wanted to shake it so it would stop?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: if this saved even one life, would you share this video?

Options:

Yes

No

I just did

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 1014

View Results

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I've considered throwing my crying to the point of no consoling baby out the window a time or two. 

we all made it through though and after those few tough weeks, it was smooth sailing

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this

hell no. hes cried so much ive wanted to pull every single one my hairs out one at a time but physcially harming my baby never crossed my mind.

Happinessinlove
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:39 PM

My baby was a complete crybaby. but even if I was frustrated and sleep deprived.. I remembered how much I loved her and realized I couldnt live without her so I just breathed in and out, That always worked for me and I took a walk with her.. always calmed her down whether it was inside as outside. :) That video made me tear up.. cannot imagine doing that to a beautiful baby ever

buttersworth
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this

there has been speculation that a lot of this shaken baby syndrome isn't from people shaking the babies but from the infants getting certain immunizations that have an adverse reaction and make the brain look the same as if shaken

Hyman
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:39 PM
No, fortunately my son has been a really easy baby. He's 18 months old and getting his molars seemed like the end of the world at the time. THAT was hell. No sleep for days, I was in tears, Dh and I were at each others throats from lack of sleep and aggravation, ... Thank god we had my mom to be here or our son to go to her. Lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amylovesnick07
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:40 PM
No I have never wanted to shake my babies. Have I ever gotten frustrated? Yes and I just sat and cried with my dd. She cried for a long time in the teething stage and I didn't get a whole lot of sleep so I cried worth her lol.
ThatSkinnyGirl
by FAT on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:41 PM
=(( so sad. We all get frustrated as parents sometimes, but I could never lose it on my child like that.

Is rockell your child, like adopted or something? Is this your video?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I never understood that logic... baby is crying; shake baby. It reminds me of the "don't cry or I'll give you something to cry about". I've never wanted to harm my children, but I have wanted to slam MY head against a wall more than once
xoch86
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:43 PM

I'm not even gonna watch the video.. .. Like someone else said, I saw that baby yoga stuff and haven't felt right since then, and I only watched like 10 seconds of it!

ThatSkinnyGirl
by FAT on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:43 PM
No. Not a real baby. It's a demonstration and there's a real child at the end that lived through it, but appears to be severely damaged by what happened to her.

Quoting lovemyhoney19:

I don't want to watch the video but I am curious to know what it's about. Is that guy shaking a baby on camera? :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)