Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

has your baby ever cried so much you wanted to shake it so it would stop?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: if this saved even one life, would you share this video?

Options:

Yes

No

I just did

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 1014

View Results

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this
It has never once occured to me to shake my babies. I get frustrated as all hell, but I direct the anger more at myself. I don't think "stop crying, I want to shake you!" I think "stop crying before I smother *myself* with a pillow!"
paganmommy4
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:44 PM

i can understand that split second but they do stop crying. I couldn't shake a baby

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:44 PM

No I have never want to shake either of my kids when they were babies.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:44 PM

I have thought about it. I never did it though. I couldnt bear to do it and I knew it would screw my kid up. I have been so frustrated I have thought about getting up and walking away from my kids for a few months. Would I ever do these things no.

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting lovemyhoney19:

I don't want to watch the video but I am curious to know what it's about. Is that guy shaking a baby on camera? :(

Noooooo, he is instructing you to spend one dollar on earplugs and shows you (using eggs) what shaking can do to them.

Don't sweat the petty things;Don't pet the sweaty things!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:47 PM
What a wonderfully amazing daddy. I want to go hug him.
No, I have never wanted to shake my baby BUT I did understand how people reach that point. I never understood why someone ACTUALLY did it. But Iived with a child who could easy make you reach that point. They same child is now the most amazing 5 year old kiddo I know. It is such a heartbreaking subject and a HUGE problem. My heart goes out to him and his family. What a very useful video.
laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:47 PM

I have felt like it but I put them in the crib and ran in the bathroom and shut the door.

I am taking shit now from some of my kids because my ex is telling them I would do that...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this

this. I don't know a single mother who HASN"T gotten to the point where they have bee on the edge od exhaustion.. BUT like she said, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM, has set the baby, gently, down and walked away. taken a few minutes to recompose and then been able to comfort the baby.

Quoting BeAmour:

I've wanted to but the maternal side and my medical knowledge stopped me. There was one night that I had gotten so frustrated bc DS was crying all day, all night. I hadn't slept in about 2 days, I finally got him to calm down and sleep. My head was pounding, I was exhausted. As it always would happen, the minute I laid my head on the pillow and got comfortable, DS started screaming again. I could have shook him but I hit the wall instead.

I always told myself when I got to that point, it wasn't his fault so don't take it out on him. I never did. No matter how frazzled I was, after I hit the wall or said some profanities before going into his room, I always calmed down and went in with my soothing mommy voice and most of the time, a smiling face.

There was a couple times where I had to put DS in his crib and go outside and just sit for a bit. We lived in an apartment and the steps I sat on was outside his room so I could hear him but it didn't effect me like it did when I was inside. I calmed down, called my mom and went back in.

I do understand how it can happen though. :( it's tragic.

mom2ljh
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Noooooo. His five year old daughter is the victim of SBS. He's simulating what happens when you shake a baby and offering an inexpensive alternative, $1 ear plugs. You can still hear and attend to baby but they'll help enough that you won't shake the baby. It's worth the watch

Quoting lovemyhoney19:

I don't want to watch the video but I am curious to know what it's about. Is that guy shaking a baby on camera? :(

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:53 PM
3 moms liked this

DD had screaming, purple in the face colic for over three months. Every waking moment that she wasn't attached to the boob she was screaming, all day and all night. I got less than an hour or two of sleep every night for months and I was beside and beyond myself but I put my hand through the wall instead. I wanted to slap her or shake her (I understand the urge) to make her stop but I know not to. It's OK to be that angry and frustrated but it's not OK to take it out on the baby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN