Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

has your baby ever cried so much you wanted to shake it so it would stop?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: if this saved even one life, would you share this video?

Options:

Yes

No

I just did

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 1014

View Results

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Replies (51-60):
IFartGlitter
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:35 PM

As a toddler, yes. Lol. 
The difference is that fleeting thought and actually DOING it.  

twilightsbella
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:36 PM
No i never thought of hurting my babies if i got stressed from their cryin i would lay them back in their beds and walk out of the room take a deep breath calm down and try to sooth them again
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Yes I did, thankfully I knew it was okay to put him down and walk away.

hayliedlr
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:43 PM

never

Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:46 PM
No I have not. Yet I have half to walk out of the room to calm down for a minuite.
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:48 PM
I would always sit in the recliner, rock back and forth and just close my eyes. If she was crying for no reason, i would just rock her and ignore the screaming.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichelleSw
by CoolStory on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:49 PM
I've felt the rage of frustration but to actually physically harm her ; no I could not!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kitsun
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:51 PM
I didn't think it would affect me like that, but I almost vomited on my phone :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashybaby87
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this

That had me tear up. My daughter as an infant put me on edge with crying. I learned to step out the room for a minute and think logically - she's a baby, she does that. It does get frustrating, but shaking a baby was never anything I did or would ever do. I shared this video because like he said, even if it saves just one life. That poor girl... 

Uzma_mom_of_2
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Exactly. I've abused my walls, bed, doors, but when I went to my baby, I held them gently.

I've also have an amazing husband so he would take over when it got tha tbad as well.

Quoting BeAmour:

I've wanted to but the maternal side and my medical knowledge stopped me. There was one night that I had gotten so frustrated bc DS was crying all day, all night. I hadn't slept in about 2 days, I finally got him to calm down and sleep. My head was pounding, I was exhausted. As it always would happen, the minute I laid my head on the pillow and got comfortable, DS started screaming again. I could have shook him but I hit the wall instead.

I always told myself when I got to that point, it wasn't his fault so don't take it out on him. I never did. No matter how frazzled I was, after I hit the wall or said some profanities before going into his room, I always calmed down and went in with my soothing mommy voice and most of the time, a smiling face.

There was a couple times where I had to put DS in his crib and go outside and just sit for a bit. We lived in an apartment and the steps I sat on was outside his room so I could hear him but it didn't effect me like it did when I was inside. I calmed down, called my mom and went back in.

I do understand how it can happen though. :( it's tragic.

I very rarely bother to check a board twice, so debate, get mad, or whatever it is that'll make you feel better, if you don't like what I have to say, because it won't bother me :)sticking out tongue

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN