Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

has your baby ever cried so much you wanted to shake it so it would stop?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: if this saved even one life, would you share this video?

Options:

Yes

No

I just did

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 1014

View Results

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Replies (61-70):
sophiasmommy27
by Sarah Sweetheart on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:03 AM
yeah. but any moron knows that shaking a baby isn't gonna make it stop crying. so obviously I did not shake my child.
but colic is some cray cray shit!
like 6 hours straight non stop screaming her damn head off. luckily I was staying with my mom and if it got that bad, I'd just go get my mommy. and step away and take a break.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
elliotmommytobe
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:04 AM
I have gotten so frustrated I wanted to shake my son but when I got to that point I either but him in his bed or handed him to my dh and walked away to clear my head
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rcmama10
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:14 AM

My daughter was about 8 months when she had a day where she would not stop crying for anything, my husband was gone and i couldn't do anything to sooth her down. I would lay her in her crib and let her cry it out and would sit outside the apartment door to calm myself down. At the end of the day i couldn't take it anymore and i called a friend who lived in the same area and she watched her for almost an hour. I think my dd picked up on my mood and with getting out of the house i was much calmer and relaxed to take her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:18 AM

So sad :'(

MorphineDoll3
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Hell no!!! I just hold my baby close, sing a song let my baby see me smile and begin process of elimination of what i can do to console my baby. After baby has calmed down and stopped crying i rub their head and say "Mommy's here it's ok love" i know at times it's overwhelming but i couldn't put them down and step outfor a quick breather i just don't know how to take a break lol it does break my heart things like that happen, it's happening right now as i type this, even as you're reading this. :( it's just sad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gigis1
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:47 AM

what on earth makes anyone think that shaking a baby will make the baby stop crying, seriously?! my babies have sometimes cried to the point where it has frustrated me but I just cry, I cry because I get sad that I get frustrated. It doesn't happen often but when they cry, I just try my best to comfort them. I don't like the idea of earplugs either. I've let my daughter cry it out about 3 mins at most and she ended up puking. She could've choked, I might baby  my kids but they are good nice kids, spoiled by mom? maybe a little but I I want happy kids

KITTYCAT1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this

My 1st had colic. She cried all day except for the small amount she slept. She only slept in my arms and she would scream if I tried to put her down so I held her while she slept. I went from 140lbs (the day she was born) to 92 lbs when she was 4 months because my day was consumed with rocking, dancing, singing to her, caring for her, etc. I hardly ate or thought about myself. Not one time did the thought of shaking my defenseless baby ever cross my mind. I can't wrap my head around how someone could do that to their baby. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:04 AM

I never wanted to shake my baby, but I did get very frustrated at times because my baby had colic.  My DH went to home depot and bought me a pair of noise cancelling headphones, which were wonderful.  I was able to comfort my little guy and preserve my hearing at the same time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:05 AM
1 mom liked this

With my second I was all alone in a new area with no family or friends except my husband. We were having our problems though so when he wasn't gone for work he wasn't much help with the kids and I was nursing so he pretty much refused to try to help me with night time things because "he couldn't feed *baby* anyway so what was the point?" I didn't get more then 5 hours of sleep a day for months and my son had colic so he cried ALL. THE. TIME. I cannot stress enough that it wasn't just for an hour or even two a day it was pretty much nonstop crying all day and he hardly slept. I'm ashamed of how many times I was so frustrated I did not like him I didn't want to be around him and I couldn't make him stop screaming ever (which was a complete 180 from my first baby who was so quiet and calm and easy to soothe) so yes I did consider shaking him. I'm so ashamed that I considered it that I could never tell anyone about this IRL. My feelings during the first 2 years (that's how long it took before he stopped screaming and crying all the time and never sleeping) of my second babies life are the reason I will not have any more children. Ever. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:08 AM

I haven't but I can totally understand how someone could. Knowing what would happen to my children if I did is what has stopped me. One time I was so mad, but instead of shaking my daughter I punched the top of a formula canister (a big plastic one). The lid broke and it sliced up my fingers. Ever since then I've been able to control my anger...and I am SO thankful that it was me who got hurt in that situation rather then my sweet daughter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)