Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

has your baby ever cried so much you wanted to shake it so it would stop?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: if this saved even one life, would you share this video?

Options:

Yes

No

I just did

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 1014

View Results

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Replies (651-660):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 128 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:45 PM

I think all the people who voted yes and I just did to this post should be looked into by child services!!!!! Their IP Address should be ran to see where they live.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 129 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Watched the video but my phone wont play the sound so can someone recap what the man was saying?? Please :)
mandapanda82
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Ear plugs that's what I did w dd#1 but she was older like 1.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mandapanda82
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Who did this to the poor girl? A babysitter? I wonder...
mandapanda82
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:17 PM
He was demonstrating that when you shake a baby their brains "scramble" like eggs, and the red dye he used was " blood" cuz the brain also bleeds. And the baby can go blind as well. His dd was shaken at 6 weeks, she's 5 now and she can't see (when he was waving his hand in front of her he was demonstrating she didnt know that's what he was doing) she can't stand or sit. He didnt say who did it that's what I'm curious about- prob a babysitter? Nurse maybe?

Quoting Anonymous:

Watched the video but my phone wont play the sound so can someone recap what the man was saying?? Please :)
sexyma76
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this

What..the...fuck?! Any moron who would even consider doing this, instead of um.. going into another room(after making sure the baby is secure of course) or getting somebody else to help, should have THEIR head explode the second the thought enters it and they reach for the baby!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Teedie10
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:19 PM
In the hospital now, they make you watch a video about shaken baby syndrome. I said to the nurses, " the baby's absolutely safe in my house, but do you have any videos on shaken teenagers?? Haha. Seriously, exhaustion can really push you over the edge, but you have to know your breaking point. Put the baby down somewhere safe, collect yourself, call someone on the phone-- anything to change your state of mind. I put on music and I pray. I also run as many times a week as I can. I join an all night gym for 10 $ a month and sneak out when baby's asleep - sometimes 10 or 11- even if I get less sleep, I vent my frustration and I come home calm and ready to deal with things. You have to rejuvenate. Keep reminding yourself this time will pass and you just have to get through. And go easy on yourself- lower your expectations. Don't try to get too much done. Go into survival mode and make sleeping when babies sleep your priority. You don't want to regret a couple bad minutes for the rest of your life.
Libertyinlight
by New Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this
From what I understand it was her biological father that shook her. Not a nurse or babysitter.

Quoting mandapanda82:

Libertyinlight
by New Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this
The man that posted this video is the Grandfather.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 130 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Honestly it has never.I am a VERY patient person and crying never bothered me.My DH was in the army.My 3rd chikd was very premature.The baby had a heart /apeana monitor.He hah VERY bad colic and reflex.Sense my DH was in the military he would have to get at 0500.DH needed sleep to pass PT test and such.I would not only stay up all night with a screaming baby buthis monitor would go off to until sometimes 5or 6am.Then I would get up with my other child at 6or 7am.He has always woke up very early.Then the other child would not nap.Now that I look back I just laugh.Who would have ever though such a tiny baby could make so much noise.I think I felt to bad for the poor baby that I could not help him.I can honestly say I will never understand why parents to that
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN