Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

has your baby ever cried so much you wanted to shake it so it would stop?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: if this saved even one life, would you share this video?

Options:

Yes

No

I just did

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 1014

View Results

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Replies (681-690):
KayKyMom
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 10:36 AM

My oldest daughters dad did this to her when she was 2 months old. Luckily he served his time and she turned out just fine, but with a little slower in learning to talk. I know her case is very rare being most babies or young kids who are shaken end up dying or with permanaent brain damage. It still hurts me knowing she could have died, even though it was 8 years ago. When it comes to my 1 year old son I find myself so frustrated with him at times I do just walk away because I know the consequences of shaking. Even a little jolt can be harmful. I would never shake or hurt my kids, but I do find times where I am so frustrated with them. I've always been told and taught that if you are that frustrated (even with adults) it's best to walk away befor eyou do any real harm to them or yourself.

talktojonell
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 7:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you for the like. I appreciate the understanding that goes into acknowledging that we all can and do have desires that are inappropriate. I didn't feel the need to explain myself or what I chose to do instead because you didn't ask.

I did show the video to two of my children, my ds-10 and dd-15, and we talked about it. I will be showing it to the teacher of the Family Development class at my daughter's school.

Thank you for sharing.

Quoting talktojonell:

Put me down as a hell MF..ing yes!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
talktojonell
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Sweetie, I am NORMAL too and I've felt the urge to shake a baby. Normal isn't about what we think or any primitive urges we experience. It's determined by our actions.

Quoting momof4boys8397:

The thought never ever ever ever crossed my mind. I love my babies and would do anything to protect them from being hurt. I am NORMAL
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 14, 2013 at 7:16 PM
"Shake it, shake it, shake it like a Poloroid picture!"
hope4rockell
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Thank you, that's awesome :-)

Quoting talktojonell:

Thank you for the like. I appreciate the understanding that goes into acknowledging that we all can and do have desires that are inappropriate. I didn't feel the need to explain myself or what I chose to do instead because you didn't ask.

I did show the video to two of my children, my ds-10 and dd-15, and we talked about it. I will be showing it to the teacher of the Family Development class at my daughter's school.

Thank you for sharing.

Quoting talktojonell:

Put me down as a hell MF..ing yes!

hope4rockell
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:42 PM

amen

Quoting talktojonell:

Sweetie, I am NORMAL too and I've felt the urge to shake a baby. Normal isn't about what we think or any primitive urges we experience. It's determined by our actions.

Quoting momof4boys8397:

The thought never ever ever ever crossed my mind. I love my babies and would do anything to protect them from being hurt. I am NORMAL

hope4rockell
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:45 PM

seriously? not only did that not even make the slightest bit of sense, it's pretty sick ........ i.e. YOU, are pretty sick. But, I guess 1 sick, non funny  comedien out of the 800 great replies, isn't bad. What are you like 10?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 14, 2013 at 10:03 PM
If it didn't make sense to you then how is it sick?

Quoting hope4rockell:

seriously? not only did that not even make the slightest bit of sense, it's pretty sick ........ i.e. YOU, are pretty sick. But, I guess 1 sick, non funny  comedien out of the 800 great replies, isn't bad. What are you like 10?

Quoting Anonymous:

hope4rockell
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:12 AM

It didn't make sense because shaking has nothing to do with a poloroid ....... and it's sick because you obviously still have no idea how serious shaking a baby is and the lifetime devastation it causes to so many people on so many levels *but I think you do and just don't care, thus, the flipent comment, making a joke about it ~ and that's the sick part*, so like I said (your'e what, about 10 years old? ~ that's the part you didn't take issue with) and given your continued lack of understanding, I'm probably pretty close on your age 

Quoting Anonymous:

If it didn't make sense to you then how is it sick?

Quoting hope4rockell:

Quoting Anonymous:

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:16 AM
1 mom liked this

No...when I got overwhelmed...I put her in her crib where she was safe...I went to my uncle woke him up and said "I'm overwhelmed can you please watch her for 15 minutes, I just need to clear my head." He always made sure that I was able to catch a break during the day, even it was just 10 minutes to have a real shower, not a 2 minute mom shower...and he would make sure that I was always able to maintain contact with humans outside of my house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured