Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

has your baby ever cried so much you wanted to shake it so it would stop?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: if this saved even one life, would you share this video?

Options:

Yes

No

I just did

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 1014

View Results

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Replies (691-700):
hope4rockell
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:17 AM

BUMP!

buttersworth
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Well, not necessarily. if the symptoms  stem from brain injury, including swelling, there should be a possibility that these things could derive from toxicity.  At the beginning of this decade people began throwing out their mercury thermometers because those were considered too dangerous, in case they broke and a child injested the liquid. But mercury is in a lot of the vaccines, and formaldahyde, and other adjuvents, preservatives that are being directly injected into the bloodstream. I would think that the bloodstream would carry blood, and whatever is injected, up to the brain during its travels.

I think it's a distinct possibility. I'm sure the big pharmaceutical corps. would prefer the blame be placed on mostly low-income minorities for shaking their babies, rather than a toxic reaction introduced by their products.

Quoting mom_3.0:

That is impossible.

Quoting buttersworth:

there has been speculation that a lot of this shaken baby syndrome isn't from people shaking the babies but from the infants getting certain immunizations that have an adverse reaction and make the brain look the same as if shaken

buttersworth
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Wow you're saying ideas are dangerous? You pretty much just judged every person who does not have the same opinions as yourself.  That's pretty dangerous if you ask me. Good thing I'm not trying to convince you that the world is actually round. And no, I don't have proof, I merely stated that this has been a speculation. I did not speculate it. There have been suggestions in the media.  I did not even say nor suggest that I agree with this idea. Anyway, opinions do not require proof, and frankly, I don't see you as any kind of authority figure that I am obligated to prove anything to. If you are that frightened that this is a possibility, then you could research this yourself.

As for cracked ribs and such, you do have a point there. I am not personally aware of any cases of shaken baby syndrome nor have I studied it to really know what evidence has come up in courts. That is something that could not be explained by a chemical injection. I wonder if you know, and would share, how many cases have come up with physical symptoms other than brain injury?

It just seems odd that so many people would shake their babies. There are violent people in our society, people who are ignorant, but it's hard to believe that so many people do this horrible thing that it's a sort of trending topic in our society right now.

Quoting SallyStitches:

What the fuck?  Seriously?  Let's see your "proof".  Saying "a lot of it" isn't caused by shaking is so ignorant.  Explain the cracked ribs most babies get after being shaken.  What about the possible broken arms and legs, among other injuries?  I suppose immunizations caused that, too, right?  Don't spread this garbage unless you have REAL proof to back it up, and no, I don't mean some anti-immunization crusader's blog page.  Ideas like these are dangerous, as they can give the assholes that do shake babies the defense of, "I didn't do it, immunizations did!"  

Quoting buttersworth:

there has been speculation that a lot of this shaken baby syndrome isn't from people shaking the babies but from the infants getting certain immunizations that have an adverse reaction and make the brain look the same as if shaken

buttersworth
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:38 AM

NO I emphatically DID NOT say shaking a baby has no negative reaction.

I'm sure it must do negative damage. I think it's horrible and most certainly would lead to brain damage. But I am having a hard time imagining so many people would shake a baby.

Quoting xxshelbyxxx:

Oh so you're saying shaking a baby has no negative reaction? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. And I'm very open minded to the vaccine debate, I've done alot of my own research on it. But shaking baby syndrome is very much a real syndrome caused by abuse! What the hell do you think their brain is doing when someone shakes them ? Not just sitting there calmly like its supposed to! It's shaking and damaging it permanently !

Quoting buttersworth:

buttersworth
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Most of the parents admit to it?

So how many people are accused of this? How many people admit to it? Wow that's tragic. I wonder what causes people to do such a heinous thing.

Quoting Anonymous:

that is ridiculous.  Most of the time the parents even admit to it.  Take your anti vaccine crap elsewhere.

Quoting buttersworth:

shamillionaire
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Never wanted to shake my baby. I just want to comfort them, shaking them isn't comforting. Cuddling and rocking them works great!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
June3May4June3
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Same here

Quoting mommyof11050307:

No I haven't but both my husband and I have gotten frustrated where we had to set the baby down and walk away. My husband more then me but we've never wanted to out right shake the baby.

buttersworth
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:44 AM

i would think the greater good would be served by ruling out all factors and finding out definitively what causes this, and if it is from shaking, then what would cause so many people to shake babies.

this wasn't a huge social issue even a decade ago. obviously the statistics have gone up. if anyone wants to nip a problem in the bud, the first thing you do is correctly identify the problem. that's all.

Quoting nonnarae:

Ffs lets just blame everything on vaccines! Really?

Quoting buttersworth:

brittney28
by Brittney on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:47 AM
No I have not.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
buttersworth
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:52 AM

wow not a single person on here considered this idea to be a possibility for at least some of the cases.

vaccines have mercury and formaldehyde, to name two toxic substances that get injected into the veins. there is the distinct possibility that those could cause symptoms of toxicity. it's an interesting idea to wonder if vaccine damage and shaken baby damage have any similarities. if there were any correlation found, the greater good could be served in knowing what's really going on.

I didn't state it as fact or even say I agree with it. I said that it is an interesting argument that has some common sense behind it.

Quoting Anonymous:

And the idiots come out.  Sheesh... 

Quoting buttersworth:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN