Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why won't people watch their kids anymore??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this

So tonight I took my kids bowling. We're in our lane and this little boy, no more than 18 months-2 years old comes up to us and is babbling and smiling. He was really cute. I thought he was with the people in the lane next to us. He kept running around the place where the ball comes back and I was worried that he would get his fingers mashed. I kept having to tell him no and move him away. I kept looking over at the people next to us wondering why they wouldn't say anything about it. I wasn't giving them a dirty look or anything, just curious. Well, come to find out, his parents were all the way down at the other end of the alley!! I know this because he took off running towards them and I could hear him saying "daddy". Well, back he came and the parents didn't even seem to care. He kept going into the little restaurant and babbling to some people that were in there. The whole time he is running back and forth, he smells like BM. We were there for almost 3 hours!! I kept watching him, trying to help keep an eye on him because you never know who in the heck could have came in there, snatched him up and be out the side door before his parents would have even known!!! Apparently, they are regulars there according to the lady who runs the restaurent part. I was in there getting some snacks for the kids and he kept running in and out and she said they call him Bandit because he's constantly taking things. I let him sit with us while the kids were having some nachos and gave him a few french fries that we had got too. It's not that I minded him hanging out with us, it just really bugs me that his parents weren't keeping an eye on him as little as he was. It really bothered me. His mom walked by once and said something to him as she was walking into the restaurant. That was it. There was a lot of people in between where we were at and where his parents were at, so I know there was no way she was watching him from there. She also had a smaller baby that was taking up a lot of her attention and dad was bowling.

Ok, vent over. (Title for dramatic affect....)

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:23 AM

bump

Ultra_
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Lol, people don't because people like us do out for them for free. Ours happened to us tons. Liner they see us with kids and figure we're safe. As long add we're there, they're of the clock. We try not to let it happen, but sometimes we don't notice until we've done feed the kid, liked you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emptynesst
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:35 AM
I hate that...and it seems like it is that way everywhere you go!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaGreenhalge
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:57 AM
I work in a Christian bookstore where we have a TV playing veggie tales in the kids' section. Parents think it's fine to just sit them down and go across the store to shop. And then the brats trash the place and the parents come get them and leave without making them pick up or paying for stuff theu destroyed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2bell
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Nice of the Christian bookstore to hire you.

Quoting MommaGreenhalge:

I work in a Christian bookstore where we have a TV playing veggie tales in the kids' section. Parents think it's fine to just sit them down and go across the store to shop. And then the brats trash the place and the parents come get them and leave without making them pick up or paying for stuff theu destroyed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:02 AM
1 mom liked this
What a greay Christian attitude you have. .. *eyeroll*

Quoting MommaGreenhalge:

1boy1girlmama
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:05 AM

I hate that. You are nice to keep an extra eye out for them. I'm not as nice that would have annoyed the piss out of me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:05 AM
Sorry but why have a tv then?? You think people are going to sit there with their kids and watch tv?

Not meaning to be rude but a bit confused. While yes they should still keep an eye on their kids and NOT let them trash the store, the whole purpose of the tv would be to occupy the kids so parents can shop. They have one at Gymboree stores as well. My DD will sit and watch while I shop. She is never out of eyesight and its at the back of the store so she couldn't leave or be taken.

Quoting MommaGreenhalge:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:07 AM

ahhh so just because MommaGreenhalge works at a Christian bookstore it makes her a babysitter and a maid as well? Nice.

Quoting Anonymous:

What a greay Christian attitude you have. .. *eyeroll*

Quoting MommaGreenhalge:

abbie.alder
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:08 AM
2 moms liked this

I always think, "Hey! Free kid!"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)