Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

your a mom,act like one!! vent

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 194 Replies
2 moms liked this
This frustrates me to no end,I went to cvs today to get nail polish and saw a young mom with her son.she had a cart full of makeup,hair dye,faceial masks all this beauty stuff and her son was saying "mommy hungry" she just kept saying hang on baby we'll have pasta when we get home,her son then started getting fussy and she said "ok pick a lip stick for mommy and we'll go home" so he looked thought for a second and pointed to one,she grabbed it put it in the cart and walked up to the register.

Seriously when your kid says they are hungry go friggen feed them! Act like a god damn mother and quit spending money on useless shit
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momo77
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Sits and waits.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:11 AM
3 moms liked this
Wait! She let him pick out her lipstick?
Ms.Pink.
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:14 AM
72 moms liked this
No. When I'm out taking care of errands, my kids don't dictate me like that. Sorry, I'm the adult. I don't care if I'm buying my own cosmetics or toilet paper for the house. I'm there for a reason. Perhaps it's my only spare time. I will NOT cut my shopping short or abandon my things and leave bc my child demands it. Children are typically "hungry" when they are bored. My kids can eat a full course meal then head out with me and within 30 mins declare they are starving. No way am I packing up for that. Finishing a shopping trip real quick (doesn't matter WHAT is being bought honestly) and then taking your child home to fix dinner is no indication of bad parenting. Sorry, just don't agree with you here.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ms.Pink.
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:15 AM
7 moms liked this
Oh and who are you to decide if hair dye and lipstick is useless shit for her to buy?
CodenameDuchess
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:15 AM
6 moms liked this
Lol....okay. She can spend her money on whatever "useless shit" she wants to. She wasn't letting her kid starve; she was going to feed him when they were done shopping.

Sorry, I don't drop what I'm doing and immediately cater to my kids either. There's nothing wrong with a kid having to wait a reasonable amount of time for their meal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sissyboogs
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:17 AM
3 moms liked this

My kids say they are hungry every 5 minutes. They could have just eaten a big meal, and they'll still say they are hungry. Why? Because they want a popsicle, or a lollipop, or some other kind of snack....

momof2ex1
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Aw. Great point! I usually shop alone bc my kids frustrate me. However when they beg to go, I will take them. They love Walmart for some odd reason. But as soon as we get in the door they have to pee or are hungry. Well, sorry but I came here for a reason and you had the option to stay home. Now you get to follow me around while I do my shopping and then we will go eat or whatever.

Quoting Ms.Pink.:

No. When I'm out taking care of errands, my kids don't dictate me like that. Sorry, I'm the adult. I don't care if I'm buying my own cosmetics or toilet paper for the house. I'm there for a reason. Perhaps it's my only spare time. I will NOT cut my shopping short or abandon my things and leave bc my child demands it. Children are typically "hungry" when they are bored. My kids can eat a full course meal then head out with me and within 30 mins declare they are starving. No way am I packing up for that. Finishing a shopping trip real quick (doesn't matter WHAT is being bought honestly) and then taking your child home to fix dinner is no indication of bad parenting. Sorry, just don't agree with you here.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ms.Pink.
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:18 AM
5 moms liked this
I find it ironic op was there for her own"beauty supplies" and thinks this woman is wasting money on useless shit lmao

Quoting CodenameDuchess:

Lol....okay. She can spend her money on whatever "useless shit" she wants to. She wasn't letting her kid starve; she was going to feed him when they were done shopping.

Sorry, I don't drop what I'm doing and immediately cater to my kids either. There's nothing wrong with a kid having to wait a reasonable amount of time for their meal.
momof2ex1
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Right? I don't wear either but it's not my business if someone else does. I'm sure I do buy useless shit but It's my money and I can buy whatever I want.

Quoting Ms.Pink.:

Oh and who are you to decide if hair dye and lipstick is useless shit for her to buy?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ollie123
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:18 AM

My dd always tells me she is hungry when she is bored on a shopping trip. I ignore it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)