Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Personal question for home owners

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 140 Replies
Ive been looking into houses lately and in my area taxes are upwards of $4000 and better a year. So i was wondering, if you dont mind Answering, how much is your tax on your home and how do you pay it (i learned today something about escrow something or another). Thank You. Sorry for the typos. My mobile browser sucks so cant see what i type sometimes.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this

mine is about $200-$2500 and is paid through an escrow account

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:18 AM

I think $2600 and paid through escrow.

AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Mine goes into an escrow account as well, my mortgage payment goes to the bank which divides the money where it's needed. 

Char-Bear
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:21 AM
Around $2200, paid through an escrow account
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AnnaNonamus
by Spanky Pants :) on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:21 AM

I think we pay around $2200. It's paid out as part of our escrow, so we don't have to just come up with it all at once. Insurance and taxes are figured into our house payment, then the bank pays out to both insurance and taxes twice a year. If the amount goes up, at the end of the year we get a letter alerting us that we owe more. If it goes down, we get a letter asking if we want to roll it into our next year's payment, or if we want a check. This is also when they figure out the upcoming year's monthly payment (IE: if we owed, then they use the total amount needed for the prior year, and figure out a higher payment, and vice versa- ours went up once by all of $12 for the year, then the following 3 years, it went down by around $25-30/year)

tarakay0417
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:21 AM
$1000 this year and its paid through the escrow account.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Redwoods_Mama
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:22 AM

3600, escrow.

:/  $300/month for property taxes, but hopefully we'll see a return on the investment, and rent out here is equal o a 15 year mortgage with rates as low as they are.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Our property taxes are $1500 a month and we pay that monthy with our mortgage and insurance bill.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:23 AM

$7000 a year =( We pay through an escrow account.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:23 AM
I think its around $2000. We pay it in our payment, so escrow account or whatever.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)