Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

sugar gliders. Who owns them?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies

I just bought one after 4 years of morning the loss of my sweet little mia I'm a  i'm a bit rusty on the food. If you own one what do you feed your's maybe some tips will help get me back in the swing of things

If you don't know what they are here's a picture of one

This one is not mine

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tarakay0417
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:14 AM
I wish i had one! Here is a bump for you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I have 2. There's a lot of different diets that you can follow none are fully proven to be the perfect diet because none will ever mimic what is found in nature but the one I follow is the most basic of them all. 3/4 fruit/veggie and 1/4th protien and of course water every night. Gliderade 2 times a week and calium on fruit/veggies. 

kirstina
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:17 AM
I want one.
ninjakids
by Christina on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I thought this was a food or baby item post. Lmao! I have no idea - bump
tharealty2
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:18 AM

I don't have one anymore but I fed him baby food and treats from this website that I can't remember now.

rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:20 AM

This is what I follow: Except grapes they have figured out that they can cause liver problems so I no longer allow them for my gliders. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Why? You paid a lot of money to perpetuate the breeding an animal that was never intended to be domesticated. Go you! Do you have an entire room or a walk in closet dedicated for your little pet or is the poor little thing going to be stuck living in a cage that no matter how roomy you think it is will never be big enough for him/her. I have never understood the need to own exotic pets.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Thank you. I use to own a breeding pair but after 3 babies i decided to sell the male so i didn't over breed but i haven't had one in 4 years and i just want to make sure i remember everything  

Quoting rosemagic01:

This is what I follow: Except grapes they have figured out that they can cause liver problems so I no longer allow them for my gliders. 

rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:25 AM

Things change a lot. Ther'es a great site for them but I think posting links is against group rules? I could be wrong but in most groups it is. Glider Central is great though lots of debate over which diet is best and give you an idea of what works for you and your glider. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you. I use to own a breeding pair but after 3 babies i decided to sell the male so i didn't over breed but i haven't had one in 4 years and i just want to make sure i remember everything  

Quoting rosemagic01:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:26 AM

She has a big cage a huge bonding tent and free roam when kids are in bed

Quoting Anonymous:

Why? You paid a lot of money to perpetuate the breeding an animal that was never intended to be domesticated. Go you! Do you have an entire room or a walk in closet dedicated for your little pet or is the poor little thing going to be stuck living in a cage that no matter how roomy you think it is will never be big enough for him/her. I have never understood the need to own exotic pets.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)