Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

call me a b****, but I need MORE!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
I need to feel like more than just roommates raising kids together. I love him so much, and I know without a doubt he feels the same, but we are like roommates. No affection other than rubbing feet while he watches tv and I play online. No sex. We have opposite sleeping patterns which hurts greatly. We have opposite personalities when we go out and in general. He is a loner and I am super social. I wanna cry....
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
strangeyfine
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:02 AM

That doesn't make you a bitch, hon. Have you talked to him about how you feel?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:03 AM
I know how you feel. My dh works nights and sleeps during the day and I'm up all day with our ds so there is really never any cuddle or sex time. When he is awake he is normally dead to the world and just sits on the couch to eat h TV :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:03 AM

Does he know?

xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:03 AM

You should be talking to him about this. Maybe he's feeling the same way. DF and I kind of settled into a rut like that for a while, but we finally talked about it and worked it out. Everything's been great since.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:04 AM
Yes. It just seems like it's not fixable. I am who I am, and he is who he is, naturally.

Quoting strangeyfine:

That doesn't make you a bitch, hon. Have you talked to him about how you feel?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:06 AM
Yes. I do try to talk to him. Our age difference with our personalities is kicking our asses, maritally speaking.

Quoting Anonymous:

Does he know?

bi-polarmommy
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:06 AM

talk to him about how you feel, and try the book "The Five Languages of Love" - works great (at least it did for me!)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:08 AM

Next time you see him, blow off whatever it is you think you need to do and get busy

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:08 AM
I have read that and I have tried. I have tried giving him a verbal synpsis. I have also talked to him. I also tried to talk him into trying the 30 day challenge.

Quoting bi-polarmommy:

talk to him about how you feel, and try the book "The Five Languages of Love" - works great (at least it did for me!)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:10 AM
DF and I have a 21 year age difference, he sleeps on the couch (bed hurts his back), and we are perfectly fine. I think you are expecting romance and cuddles 24/7. If that's the case, and you've told him this, idk what to tell you. This is something you should have noticed before you got married.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. I do try to talk to him. Our age difference with our personalities is kicking our asses, maritally speaking.

Quoting Anonymous:

Does he know?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured