Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am still up with babygirl..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

I could not get any answers in babies, but I am a new mother. I have not dealt with any sick babies, so I really don't know when to worry. 
My 5 month old daughter only has a runny nose and sneezing. No fever, but she is pretty restless tonight. She cries every time I lay her down or change her. She is nursing now. Appetite is fine. Should I do anything? I tried sucking the snot out with the nasal aspirator and got nothing, but I could here the crud when she was breathing earlier..

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:26 AM
I think if she doesn't have a fever, just comfort her as much as you can. =) she'll be ok.
mariesmama
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:29 AM

take a hot shower with baby in the bathroom the steam will loosen up the congestion also mine had a runny nose like that and she had a double ear infection if you nurse i have heard a little milk in their ears will help infections if nothing else give baby the right dose of baby tylenol and take her to the dr tomorrow

TTC2Long
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:32 AM
Nurse as much as she can, sit in a steamy bathroom for 10-20 mins and use the aspirator immediately after. I can't recommend the NoseFrida enough, if you don't already have it. At that age, those are your options, really. I'm sitting on the couch watching Monsters, Inc. with my sick little guy. He's 2 and I'm hoping the decongestant I finally resorted to will help soon. Sick kids are no fun!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:33 AM

Awh. Hope he gets well soon!!

Quoting TTC2Long:

Nurse as much as she can, sit in a steamy bathroom for 10-20 mins and use the aspirator immediately after. I can't recommend the NoseFrida enough, if you don't already have it. At that age, those are your options, really. I'm sitting on the couch watching Monsters, Inc. with my sick little guy. He's 2 and I'm hoping the decongestant I finally resorted to will help soon. Sick kids are no fun!

Zazayam
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:37 AM

If she's all stuffy I keep hearing that squirting a lil breastmilk in her nose will help. I'd try a steam room first, but I guess a lot of moms say it works wonders.

Just let her nurse as much as she wants, hope she feels better soon!

Caitlyn137
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:37 AM
My six month old lil girl had the same thing the other day , the dr said to get little remedies for noses (saline) its worked & nursing helps too
TTC2Long
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:39 AM
Thanks! You too! And no need for tylenol (no fever and you shouldn't medicate for a fever under 102, anyway) or a trip to the pedi for a common cold. Nothing they can do, anyway. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Awh. Hope he gets well soon!!

Quoting TTC2Long:

BridgeEbb
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:40 AM

If you can try to raise the head of her crib or have her sleep in her bouncy or infant seat.  Being inclined may help with her being able to breath better to sleep.  Little remmedies makes a saline spray that is great.  Use that and then try suctioning her nose.  There is also a baby wash that has a menthol in it for babies with colds.  I use this all the time with my baby when she is stuffed up which seems like she always is.

valeriesmom1112
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:42 AM
This happens to my dd every time she teethes and shes 14 months old. Recently was the worst because she is getting 6 in on top of the 8 she already has. Night time was literally a nightmare! Idk if taking her to the dr will do anything tho because everytime i did with mine, they would say prop up her crib mattress and put on the humidifer (sp). If she doesn't have a fever that is good. The bathroom idea sounds like a good idea too, i never heard it before until now
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 5:05 AM

There isn't anything you can give her but if she breathes ok while elevated then try to keep her elevated. I've stayed up all night and held sleeping babies because they would only sleep in my arms. Hang in there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured