Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

*Update 3/6* Can I get in trouble for this????

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 150 Replies
Long story short my marriage is over. Husband is moving out Thursday. I overheard him talking in the phone last night about canceling my credit cards and having to "figure out" the joint bank cards we have.

He's gonna fuckinc cut me off. He typed up his idea of a separation agreement and on it says I get a "$300 food and personal use allowance" a month. For me and my two kids. Ummmm. Wtf

Will I get in trouble of I go out and buy toilet paper and shampoo and stuff like that before w actually moved out? Stuff that ill be needing but might not apparently be able to buy anymore?

He's setting me up to fall on my face and idk what to do.

Edit!!!!

I just checked our bank accounts online. Taxes came in!!! We've got just over $2000 in our checking account now!!!!!!

Update 3/6

Last night was pretty in eventful thankfully. I don't think he knows yet that i took $1000 out of the account it spent $350 on groceries. I spent most if the afternoon in my room when he got home and went to bed early.

I think he's out if town for work tonight so hopefully I won't have to deal with him much anymore alone like this. The stress is making me physically sick. Which sucks cuz I have a funeral today and that's gonna be ten times harder now.

I feel like I'm ruining my kids' lives. He told my six yr old last night he's gonna be gone for work the rest of the week and weekend and my six yr old is soooo sad now. Idk how to tell him daddy isn't living here anymore :'(

I know he's playing me trying to make me feel this way. But it's working. I feel like total shit:(
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:16 AM
2 moms liked this

You need to get a lawyer.

You can't get in trouble for spending joint money before the divorce.

Drochmheas
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:17 AM
15 moms liked this

Seriously?

You haven't cleaned those accounts out yet?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this
So he's already announced a separation?

Take however much money you can and save it in a personal account now!!! As for th credit cards, if they're in his name you can't do anything about it...
Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:18 AM
10 moms liked this
No, you'd be smart.

You'd be a genius if you make a uh...withdrawal.

You should be looking for work though, as soon as possible. You don't want to depend on him for shit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this

march down to the bank, take half of the balance in cash (you cant get in legal trouble for that) and take yourself and the kids somewhere he cant take his anger out on you. Keep the money somewhere safe, open an account at a different bank, just as long as he cant take it back.

smushy79
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I would do that and plus some....like yesterday. And sign nothing!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Ummm no! If I were you I would go out today and buy a case of toilet paper stock up on all household items you need in triplets. Then I would stock my freezer jam packed with meats and stock my cabinets with everything you need! Then call a lawyer but do not sign anything he gives you!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this

No, do what you need to do he is heartless and you havent signed any papers.  Hes not playing nice neither should you good luck 

CutieCrab
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:20 AM

This

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

You need to get a lawyer.

You can't get in trouble for spending joint money before the divorce.

sugareemommee
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I would take half the funds out.

Best of luck hun.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN