Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you ever TTC to give your baby a specific birth month/season? *edit in blue*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 83 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you TTC to give your child a specific birth month or season? Please comment with your reasons and thoughts.

Options:

Yes I have

Yes I want to

No

Never thought of it

Unsure or uncertain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 71

View Results

Edit: I don't think it's the gifts/money/funding etc that is the issue, I think it's the principle of the matter and how his family works things. It doesn't necessarily make sense to me, but I always ensure that DH's birthday is never forgotten and I specifically save money to make it a special day (go out to eat at a nice sit-down restraunt that is not fast food, go to the movies, buy something I know he really wants and will never get from his family - like that Harry Potter book, the next book in the Eragon series, the next Death Race DVD, or those Legos or Kinects that he and I love to play with, yes we're big kids LOL). I don't really care when we TTC and when the baby would be born, but for him (he asked me if I was ok with it) I am going to try to ensure that we have summer babies by TTC in specific months. I know you can't control that sort of thing, but it doesn't hurt to try and see what happens. No matter what, even if the birthday falls on Christmas or any other holiday, we will give the child a special birthday one way or another.

simple smile

Original:

Would you try to concieve in a specific month(s) or season so that your baby is born at a desired season/time or month? DH and I would like to have summer babies (May-Aug), well it is mostly him (and I'm fine with it). His birthday is in Feb (mine is June) and he always feels that he gets jipped for having a birthday because his family just lumps it in with Christmas. It's not the gifts or anything, but he's never had a birthday party, ever, because of the way his birthday falls. He has lived on his own for 5 years now (we live together) and his family maybe sends a text to wish him happy birthday, or a card from his grandmothers who don't text. Most of his family don't even seem to remember, though mine do send cards and emails to him. On the other hand, my birthday is in the summer and is never "forgotten," though of course there is a large difference between his family and mine. Since it's just us at the moment, I try to make sure we go out to eat and do something special so he doesn't feel left out. And it's not just him, his younger brother (Nov birthday) and younger sister (Dec birthday) both feel like they lose out on the whole birthday thing because everything gets lost in the holiday shuffle and post-holiday recovery.

I know a lot of it does have to do with each specific family and how things are done, I'm just curioust to see what others think and what the other reasons/thoughts are.

So, would you TTC at a specific time so that your child is born in a specific month or season? Why or why not? Thoughts?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SparklePants
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like you DH's family just sucks.

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:34 AM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CutieCrab
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Probably. I wouldn't want my baby born in like Winter.

christina0607
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Sure why not.

I didn't...but I would if it mattered to me. 

slransde
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:35 AM
No, too much work
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sadiebug1228
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:36 AM
My birthday is 2 days before Christmas and my daughters is 3 days after....it sucks being that close. But I I had to chose I'd much rather have a winter baby! My son was born in August and it was hot and I was huge and miserable! (He's my first hes 4 now) I would definitely want any other winter baby cause the end of the pregnancy is horrible in the heat but that's just me.

But it does suck having ur birthday close to Christmas cause everyone forgets about it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paigesmommy5264
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:37 AM
I never planned, but ended up with 2 kids with May birthdays and 2 with July birthdays, well the 4th is due July 14th..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Yes and plan on it I want to have a summer baby.

RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Yes.  I would have LOVED a St. Paddy's baby and would have attempted to TTC with that target if I hadn't conceived my kids spontaneously.

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:38 AM

I've always wanted a summer baby, but we'll be ttc in hopes to avoid a summer delivery. I had preeclampsia issues with my first 2, so I want to give myself the best fighting chance. If I plan birth during the cooler months I'll be able to take it easy because the oldest will be in school, dh's work is slower in the winter, and I won't have to deal with the heat and swelling.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN