Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My neighbors are assholes

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies

I live in an apartment. We asked for a second floor apartment so we wouldn't have to hear people above us. The people under us moved out and we now have someone else under us. On XMas eve at around midnight we were moving gifts from our closet to under our tree. And the man comes up banging as loud as he can on my door. (I was afraid he was going to wake my kids, and they would see us putting the gifts under the tree) So we open the door and he said we were being too loud. DF said just now? And he said all the time. I asked our old neighbors if we were too loud up here when they were here and they said no. I've always try to be considerate of my neighbors when living in an apartment. But they shouldn't expect me to stop all moving when they are ready to go to bed.

Last night between 10pm and 11pm (I'm not sure of exact time) DF was walking from the bathroom to our bedroom and the started banging on their ceiling (our floor). They do this all the time, I assume its when they go to bed. At that time our kids are already in bed. We are not jumping or bouncing around. We are simply walking in our apartment that we pay rent to live in.

Yes, during the day, my kids do tend to run and jump but I put a stop to it as soon as it starts happening. But this is my kids home too and they shouldn't be expected to sit every single time they are inside. They have kids around the same age as my kids and I bed they aren't sitting all day long. 

But I'm seriously getting fed up with them banging on my floor because we are walking at night when I guess they are in bed. There is no law that says I have to go to bed when they do, or that says I have to stop walking in my apartment during certain hours.

Thankfully we are moving into a house at the end of the month. But I guess they are going to hate us a little longer. Because I will be making more noise with packing and stuff. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:40 AM
6 moms liked this

honestly i would start jumping and down every time they banged on the ceiling. LOL

sstef126
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Well you said that you wanted the second story apt for the same reason, not to have to hear anyone above you....

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Yea, I would be jumping both feet everytime they bang on their ceiling gleefully picturing dust falling on their cranky heads.  

I live in an apt and for some reason my upstairs neighbour moves furniture EVERY DAY.  You can hear them dragging it.  

I do wonder WTF???  But I don't say anything.  I believe in live and let live for apartment living.  I'm sure they hear my kid getting yelled at, or tearing through the house, or squealing when he plays with the ferret.  *shrug*  live and let live.  If you seriously can't handle even someone walking above you, apt living is not for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, I asked for it. When you move into an apartment you know you are going to have neighbors beside you under you and over you. If you can't handle it don't move into one. They could have requested a top floor apartment. Not my fault. But I shouldn't be expected to tip toe around nor should I be expected to end my day when they end theirs.

Quoting sstef126:

Well you said that you wanted the second story apt for the same reason, not to have to hear anyone above you....

Kool_Aide
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I would stomp louder if they did that crap to me!

christina0607
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this

This is part of apartment living, you have to put up with whatever neighbors you get.

And in turn, they have to put up with you. 

sstef126
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Yes you are right. I live in a trailer and I can hear the neighbors walking inside theirs next door. But to beat on your floor is ridiculous. Chances are they are just the kind of people who like to f**k with others..

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I had that same problem. I eventually got fed up with them banging on the wall for every little thing that I started to bang back. After that they didnt bang anymore :-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:46 AM
4 moms liked this
My downstairs neighbors do the same thing, so when they bang on the ceiling I go down there, and last time they called me a fat ass. So guess what, my fat ass is gonna do a lot of running and jumping up here now, cuz i have to lose weight.........
anitarichman
by Anita on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Run the vacuum everytime they start banging on the ceiling....so annoying!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)