Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Id rather... IMO cs related

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:10 AM
  • 70 Replies
2 moms liked this

Id rather have the father to my child in his/her life than garnish his wages for child support... I wont ever go for child support (I say ever, but as long as I am able to care for her/him) .  I feel the fact that he knows he has a child he doesn't support would affect him more in the long run.  As long as he doesn't pop in and out, he will be able to see his child WHENEVER he likes!! THIS IS JUST ME THO!!

Any other moms feel the same way???

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ms.Pink.
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:12 AM
7 moms liked this
Nope. I'm active in my Childs life and still have a financial obligation to them. So should he. Spending time with your kid doesn't pay the bills.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
adarob
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:12 AM
3 moms liked this
Well visitation and child support are two unrelated things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Nope. I don't with-hold visitation just because he doesn't pay, but its not for ME it's for the child. I can cover everything on my own, but we shouldn't have to struggle because HE decides he can't be bothered. Screw that.

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:14 AM
2 moms liked this

Nope. My ex-husband helped create him he sure as fuck is going to help support him.

happinessforyou
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

See, this is where some people get things backwards-CS is supposed to be used for the care of the child NOT for the ex. So IMO both parents should be active with the child AND both parents should financially support the child.

It should never be one or the other.

khloemum
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

i lol at this... think it was the fuck part! :)

Quoting owl0210:

Nope. My ex-husband helped create him he sure as fuck is going to help support him.

kjsaes
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:16 AM
3 moms liked this
Nope. I have CS garnished. Regardless if someone can afford it or not I think they helped in the making its their responsibilty to help care for them
kjsaes
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:17 AM
I do not with hold them if he doesn't pay though. Last year was the first of 5 years he was caught up at the end of the year.

Quoting kjsaes:

Nope. I have CS garnished. Regardless if someone can afford it or not I think they helped in the making its their responsibilty to help care for them

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't want child support. Ds father has visitation with him, he supports his son when his son is with him. We work out visitation on our own terms, and I don't collect support. If I need help with ds, his father helps. I told his father before he was born I'll keep it this way unless his dad gave up on him visitation wise. It's worked for us for 4 years, and although his dad wasn't spouse material for me, he's a wonderful dad to ds, as his wife is a wonderful step mother.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:22 AM
While I do think spending time together and bonding is more important than financial support, kids still require things that love and time can't buy.

Its like the pregnant teen who says I will love my baby so much, but can't support themselves or the kid. We all know how ridiculous that sounds.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured