Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm getting an abortion...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 141 Replies
1 mom liked this
I know it may not seem like a big deal to a lot of you, but it is to me.
Before this time, I have always been undecided on how I feel about abortion because I think moms should have choices, but babies should too. I was adopted and glad my bio mom chose NOT to have one. But at the same time, I understood moms deserve the choice. So I was on the fence.
Before anyone bashes me by saying "you should have used protection blah blah!" I DID. I had an IUD. It slipped. We used condoms some as well. My ds is only 8 months old and my DD is 2 1/2. And I'm almost on pa as it is trying to afford just us. Also, my so has a 3 yr old daughter by someone else and he pays cs. Another baby is not an option.
I feel really guilty but I know I can't have another baby right now, if ever again.
I just moved in with my parents because I'm trying to finish school. I really am in no position for another baby. So and I don't live together. We are waiting until we can buy a house together/get engaged and all that.
I can't tell anyone. Everyone in my family is super religious and against Abortions. They would never forgive me or let it go...
I have no one to talk to about it. So doesn't understand the depth of the situation to me. He doesn't know why it's such a big deal.
I'm afraid of the guilt that will come along.... I have really high bp and my last 2 pregnancies were high risk on bed rest. I couldn't work/ clean anything. If I chose to go through with the pregnancy to put the baby up for adoption, i wouldn't be able to support the two that I have now for almost a year. My parents are older an can't take care of baby/toddler. Or afford us all.. And I'd have to quit school.
Anyone with advice please let me know. I could use some encouraging words or some wisdom from other moms who have been through this or seen a situation like mine.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Bump
Pinkmani
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:28 AM
4 moms liked this

Don't feel guilty. I think you're doing the right thing. You can't afford to bring a 4th child into the world, then so be it. Don't feel guilty. In your circumstance, adding a 4th child would bring a great deal of stress to not only your life, but your family's life. 

Is there anyway your so could get a vasectomy? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes he has actually talked about it.
I think that is definitely something we need to consider... We just have our hands full already..

Quoting Pinkmani:

Don't feel guilty. I think you're doing the right thing. You can't afford to bring a 4th child into the world, then so be it. Don't feel guilty. In your circumstance, adding a 4th child would bring a great deal of stress to not only your life, but your family's life. 

Is there anyway your so could get a vasectomy? 

CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

It's your body and your choice.  If I were in your shoes I'd do the same thing, and I'm also an adoptee.   

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:30 AM
5 moms liked this

Honey, this is exactly why Roe v Wade was passed.  Women deserve the right to control their own bodies and fertility and decide if they want to continue an unplanned pregnancy or not.  I support your decision and your choice. *hugs*

HotMomma2622
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:31 AM
9 moms liked this
I'm sorry your going through this but my heart breaks for the baby. How can anyone think having an abortion is the right answer? Yes you have options but Why pick the worse one? That baby is apart of you and your s/o and your children . I could never get an abortion but that's me I belive baby's were put on earth for so many positive reasons. Good luck momma I Pray your life gets better. Hugs
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Adoption??? Your mother I'd it for you....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:31 AM
I understand. Are you early enough along that you can just do the pill? Between 5-9 weeks?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:31 AM
2 moms liked this
Why don't you just give him/her up for adoption? Theres many couples outthere that can not have babies and yet the ones that can just kill them because they can't afford them smh. I hope you make the right choice and give her/him to someone who really wants achild. Btw sorry for what your going thru.
FoodIsLife
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:31 AM

You do what's right for you. Personally I would not abort BUT I full heatedly believe that if I am allowed to make that decision then you are allowed to make yours. I have a friend who has had 2. She has her sad moments but for the most part she knew it was right for her and has never really looked back and does not regret it one bit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)