Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how to

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
Please no bashing. Mu husband has a 6yr old daughter and the mother would never put his name on the birth certificate or make things legal. Yesterday she decided to make it legal does anyone know how we go about that? We live in in Washington state she lives in Oregon. I also was wondering if you know how it works as in whats going to happen to us. I was reading they make u pay for childcare and insurance. My husband dosent have medical, are daughter is on state and im still on my parents. Also we dont have enough to pay for child care. My husband makes 1700 a month and our bills are 1300. does anyone know if they will take everything from us? thanks for the help.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Expect them to take about 20-35% of your husband's salary.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:34 AM
They will take a percentage of his income. If she can prove he knew about the child the whole time, he will be orderes back child support for the last 6 years too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:34 AM

i have no personal experience but figured i would just tell you what i think.

pretty sure you will have to have dna done to confirm paternity for the birth certificate. also, i don't he will automatically have to pay for anything unless the childs mother takes him to court for some sort of support. they will take his finances into account but he still may be held accountable for something. good luck

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:52 AM

thank you! He has a parernity test but she never would sign it. he ahs always paid her mabey not enough but he has paid her for the last six yrs but now we have a new baby and she thinks she spens $850 a month on her child and that 250 we pay isnt fair because we care more about new baby then her. which isnt true the new baby has a ton of medical problems!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:54 AM
if they took that much we would not be able to survive.
Quoting Anonymous:

Expect them to take about 20-35% of your husband's salary.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:58 AM

A paternity test will have to be done to establish that he is indeed the father of the child. If he is, then they will have to go in front of a mediator where the income of both parties will be looked at and it will be decided what will be paid by your husband.  How are you on your parent's insurance if you are married?

misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:01 PM
I agree with pp`s. They`ll probably have to do a dna test and a percentage of his salary will go to his daughter. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:04 PM
The way Obmas law is i get be on it till im 27. My husbands works doesnt have healthcare and im a student.
Quoting Anonymous:

A paternity test will have to be done to establish that he is indeed the father of the child. If he is, then they will have to go in front of a mediator where the income of both parties will be looked at and it will be decided what will be paid by your husband.  How are you on your parent's insurance if you are married?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN