Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dead Bodies!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies

Well lets start off with Im 28 and just starting to go back to school. I graduated from high school at the age of 17 back in 2002 and 2 years later got married and had a child. In 2009 joined the Army and got a divorce. Had a child AUg 2011 then got married to my wonderful man Oct 2012 and about to have our 2nd child in a few weeks.

Im looking at forensic science and forensic anthropology as my areas of study. There is a huge school near me that offers these and I am in love with their curriculum. I love the idea of studying the dead bodies and finding out what how and why. I love gathering all information to help hunt down the "bad guy" which is mainly what I did as an analyst in the Army. Last night I was getting excited at the thought of possibly getting the chance to go to the Body Farm. There are 5 body farms in the US and one happens to be tied to the school I am looking at. The body farm is a place for forensic anthropology students get to test their skills on real bodies(donated). I know this would gross most people out but to me I find it fun and very interesting!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:44 AM

That's cool

lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:46 AM

It is interesting, there are some YouTube videos from body farms...some things are blurred of course though..

zoegirlsmom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:47 AM

My nephew goes to UT and he was telling stories us stories about the smell of the Body Farm when it's hot and breezy. He has a weak gag reflux so his stories are hilarious.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:51 AM
I have a friend who was studying for that but when she seen a baby at the body farm it freaked her out. She changed her major after that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:58 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:00 PM

It sounds awesome! You seem genuinely interested and excited so why not do what you love?!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh I am! Plus my hubby is encouraging me to go for it since I will be using my GI Bill

Quoting Anonymous:

It sounds awesome! You seem genuinely interested and excited so why not do what you love?!

vickiheitzler
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:16 PM
That sounds really interesting. I wouldn't be able to do it personally, but that is awesome.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Went to the one in Tennessee as a part of my Criminal Investigations Degree and OMG it was awesome! 

lydias_mommy12
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:19 PM
That's awesome! I would love to visit a body farm. Good luck!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)