Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can anything else be done?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

My fb info was stolen and another account set up. I found out because a friend contacted me telling me about it. this person is going through my friends list and sending requests to them. I was blocked by this person from seeing the account. I did get on my dhs account and viewed and reported it. They blocked him right after that. They used my full name, except they ran my 2 last  names together instead of leaving them seperate.  Used my profile pic and my birth yr.  As far as I can tell they blocked family and are just going after friends.  One friend accepted the request but she is sleeping so I dont know what was posted yet.  besides reporting to fb is there anything else I can do?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MyBabies86
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Bump...my homegirl had this done, and whoever did it was posting her pics after stealing them and bashing her and her DS...she had the IP tracked and pressed charges for slander and harssment(sp) maybe you can try that...or try to have your friend get the email address they used to set the account with and track that...other then that Idk...Good Luck Mama!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Quoting MyBabies86:

Bump...my homegirl had this done, and whoever did it was posting her pics after stealing them and bashing her and her DS...she had the IP tracked and pressed charges for slander and harssment(sp) maybe you can try that...or try to have your friend get the email address they used to set the account with and track that...other then that Idk...Good Luck Mama!!!

thanks, this has got me really pissed and anxious about what is being posted under my name.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Hasn't there been a warning on FB about this? Pretty sure there has been.. Try Googling it. I think it is a virus and I think everyone who accepts your request has been exposed. Not super sure, but I am sure a quick Google will tell you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Just looked it up. Hackers are using this to access peoples personal information through malware. Everyone should make sure their security systems are up to date!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Crap thanks for letting me know.

Quoting Anonymous:

Just looked it up. Hackers are using this to access peoples personal information through malware. Everyone should make sure their security systems are up to date!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Crap thanks for letting me know.

Quoting Anonymous:

No problem. Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:10 PM
LMAO @ homegirl

Quoting MyBabies86:

MyBabies86
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Ok?? O_o

Quoting Anonymous:

LMAO @ homegirl

Quoting MyBabies86:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN