Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She honestly doesn't want her child anymore...smh

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
Okay so before any if you say it's not my life not my business, please know this is one of those women who like to go on and on about her business to anyone and everyone who will listen.

Okay. I have known this girl since I was a freshman in HS. She was friends with my best friend. As soon as she turned 18 she got married to a man who was at the time 52. We told her although we didn't agree with it to just do what was going to make her happy but to make sure this was what she really wanted or her life could end up being rough.

The whole town found out and everyone gave her crap someone even tried to call CPS to stop the marriage. She turned 18 and two days later they were married. Not even a year later she was pregnant and had a baby.

Their living environment was not the best and they had money issues and when she tried to get her son potty trained and weaned off the bottle her husband would undermine her by just giving diapers and bottles because he didn't have the energy to be doing all of that again (he has kids his wife's age). Basically they had issues the their whole marriage(after the honeymoon phase ended). She talked to my friend and I about leaving him and then a week later she wanted another baby with him and it basically became a regular thing that she was complaining about him or singing his prizes but more often then not it was complaining.

So eventually they got a trailer and moved out of their apartment and she got a job as a home health aid. Well she met one of her patients sons who is in his thirties and she is now in her twenties. The guy was engaged but they had an affair. She would walk around town holding hands and kissing this guy.

Well her husband found out and started beating her. She ended up leaving with the guy she had an affair with who supposedly broke it off with his df right in front of this woman. Her husband pulled a gun when they were leaving and she said that is why she off her ds but doesn't really want him anyway because he has behavior issues and she can't handle that right now. She wants to give him up to foster care which you cannot do in my state anymore because of funding or something. She has been going around town asking people she knows if they want her ds like he's a puppy!

My friend and I have explained to her that she ca move out with ds get support and a job and help him with the behavior issues caused by having parents who undermine each others authority. She doesn't care she wants to start over and forget that whole chunk of her life.

I just don't understand how anyone could just up and "not want" their own child anymore! I am flabbergasted and at a loss of words. If I were in a better place in my life I'd offer to foster him, but as it is I am not able to. I just feel so poorly for the poor guy(he's 4 now so will understand suddenly mommy doesn't like him). I wish there was something I could do.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:14 PM
That's a tough situation and very sad for the child. Idk what I would do either if i were you to be honest. That's tough.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LadyFreeRider
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Hugs. That's a rough situation for that poor baby.
mariesmama
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:19 PM

um he's not a pet he is a person depending on her to be an adult and care for him if she cannot do that why did she have him in the first place?i have a 3 yr old she is my responsibility to care for i couldnt imagine ever doing that

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:19 PM
Poor little guy. My ds is 4, he's not always well behaved but I could never imagine giving him up.
AmberRose1122
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:22 PM
That's awful.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:09 PM
I just don't understand why someone should CHOOSE to abandon their child that they have loved for four years. I could ever do thatto my daughter. And my heart breaks for the little guy because he's going to notice she's not there. I wonder what it is going to do to him mentally...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)