Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm having a baby in two weeks and i don't have a car seat!! UPDATE!!

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:15 PM
  • 33 Replies

Update

We bought a suburban today!  fits all carseats easily, and is in excellent condition.  i'm very pleased with it, except for the cleaner that the dealership used to detail it seems to be irritating my eyes, so i need to re clean it tomorrow.  We picked out a carseat as well, it has a nice thin base.. but its not girly =(  its gender neutral, but thats okay really.. its just this being my last little baby and my second girl.. i kinda wanted to go girly, but in the end, it doesn't matter as long as she is snug and safe.   So now little miss needs to just hold on till i can get the suburban re cleaned, her carseat and all the acessories washed, have dh install the carseat.. oh and rewash everything that was in the hospital bag because i left it open and came home to find our cat sleeping inside the bag! So all in all, i'm a little less stressed!!

Why?  because we are currently looking for a new family vehicle. and since i'm not 100% sure what we are getting, i don't want to buy a carseat that wont fit.  i want to go look at a suburban today.. but dh is being slow and lazy.  Grr, I have everything else ready except our new car, and the car seat... I almost bought a car seat last night, but the base was wider then the other ones that i have purchased before, and I still have 5 others in car seats or boosters (state law for Idaho I believe is 6 and 60 lbs.. but hell, my 9 yr old doesn't even weigh 60 lbs, let alone my 7... my 5 yr old may never be out of a booster seat! she is only 44 lbs.)

And what the hell is with all the 'travel systems' I dont' need a stroller, I have 3, I want a new car seat, that is all... no stroller.. walmart had only one car seat that did not come with the damn stroller... and it just happened to be the one with the huge base. 

if dh doesn't get up soon and doesn't have a vehical bough, registered and all the other fun crap by friday, I'm going to have a prego break down and I'm sure it wont' be pretty.

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crashblossom
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:16 PM

That would stress me out! I'm so anal-retentive. I have this type-A "buying things" timeline in place - typical new mom I guess. :P I hope DH gets his butt in gear and you can get ready for baby and put the stress away! So excited for you, you're so close!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Just get one that fits your current car and if it doesn't work with your new one take it back. You may not have 2 weeks-baby can come at any time now.

k.stark
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:21 PM

look into a Chicco Keyfit 30 or a safety 1st onboard 35 those both are more narrow and good infant car seats... the safety 1st one you can get around 100 online.... the Chicco is a little more but is more narrow and easy to install.... I hope this helps you. :)

daughteroftruth
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Quoting crashblossom:

That would stress me out! I'm so anal-retentive. I have this type-A "buying things" timeline in place - typical new mom I guess. :P I hope DH gets his butt in gear and you can get ready for baby and put the stress away! So excited for you, you're so close!

I am a bit like that as well.. i just want things to run according to plan.  And it makes me nervous, we do not have a family vehicle at the moment, so I can only take 3 kids with me at a time, and it has been difficult doing this, but we are now ready to purchase another vehicle and I want it done now!!! What happens if I go into labor tomorrow?  grr, one thing i clash with dh on is his procrastination... and this is a very busy week for me, i have my oldest getting all his yearly appts done, my second has his big play and that is an all week event, plus all the prep cooking I have planned this week and just keeping everything clean and organized so that everything is ready...

daughteroftruth
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:23 PM

can we take it back if we open it and use it? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Just get one that fits your current car and if it doesn't work with your new one take it back. You may not have 2 weeks-baby can come at any time now.

daughteroftruth
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Quoting k.stark:

look into a Chicco Keyfit 30 or a safety 1st onboard 35 those both are more narrow and good infant car seats... the safety 1st one you can get around 100 online.... the Chicco is a little more but is more narrow and easy to install.... I hope this helps you. :)

I will look into those brands, I dont' want to order anything online at this point, i want to be able to walk into a store and purchase it... that way I'm nto waiting for it to arrive.  But we have a few different stores around here.. walmart, shopko, target, kholes..... i mean not here, but about an hour drive away.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:25 PM

I don't see why not. Just be truthful and say it didn't fit your car. Walmart takes anything back lol. I used to work at Target and I know we would have taken it back.

Quoting daughteroftruth:

can we take it back if we open it and use it? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:26 PM
I would definitely get one ASAP. You can go into labor at any time and baby won't be able to leave hospital without one! Check other sites like straight from the manufacturer.
kryptomom
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

How many different vehicles will fit 8?

misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:28 PM

I would be freaking out! lol 

Good luck! (: 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)