Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

call cps or mind my own business?

Posted by   + Show Post
I have this coworker that brings her girls to work but leaves then in the car for her whole shift. Another coworker and I want to call cps on her but is it really our business? I mean I don't know her child care issues. Obviously if she had child care she wouldn't bring them right. Her girls are young 6 or 7 and the little one is a year old.

WWYD?

UPDATE:

Quite a few of you said to talk to this hotel or asked if anyone had talked to her about her situation..so I asked if anyone had. Turns out the manager and several other employees have talked to her about it.

We work in a hotel and both she and I are breakfast hostesses. She used to bring her while family in and they would eat breakfast until the manager told her she could no longer do that. Sometimes her mom would come inside and leave the girls in the car. According to a coworker they will even leave the car running and the windows are rolled up.

So since none of them care I will be calling the police the next time she brings them to work and leaves them in the car.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Replies (21-30):
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:20 PM
I would call the cops the next time she does it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lesliemck86
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Has anyone even asked her about that?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Quoting Mom2princessq:

I would talk to her and let her know that it's not ok. If she keeps doing it call cps.

really? lol; i hope u are kidding

jenmomx3
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:20 PM

I would say something to the co-worker...something like, you noticed that she has her kids in the car, you don't think its safe, etc...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Call definitely. Have you asked her why she keeps them in the car? Is there somewhere they could sit inside the work place?
lilyrose2011
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:21 PM
I wasn't asking because its ok, I was asking because she could help her figure somthing out for child care

Quoting CodeBlue:

How LONG is her shift?! Are you kidding me right now?!

A mere half hour in the car without a parent is too long. How long is her shift. Ridiculous.

Quoting lilyrose2011:

Talk to her about it maybe. How long is her shift usually

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Call the police, that's really fucked up regardless of her childcare situation
Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:21 PM
I would DEFINITELY call the police or CPS!
dbush0584
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

NOT LEAVE FUCKING CHILDREN IN THE GOD DAMN CAR?!  WHAT THE FUCK???????  Leaving children in a car for even a few minutes is dangerous!!

SunshineBird
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Holy shit! I'd call for sure! That's so irresponsible and dangerous.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)