Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

call cps or mind my own business?

Posted by   + Show Post
I have this coworker that brings her girls to work but leaves then in the car for her whole shift. Another coworker and I want to call cps on her but is it really our business? I mean I don't know her child care issues. Obviously if she had child care she wouldn't bring them right. Her girls are young 6 or 7 and the little one is a year old.

WWYD?

UPDATE:

Quite a few of you said to talk to this hotel or asked if anyone had talked to her about her situation..so I asked if anyone had. Turns out the manager and several other employees have talked to her about it.

We work in a hotel and both she and I are breakfast hostesses. She used to bring her while family in and they would eat breakfast until the manager told her she could no longer do that. Sometimes her mom would come inside and leave the girls in the car. According to a coworker they will even leave the car running and the windows are rolled up.

So since none of them care I will be calling the police the next time she brings them to work and leaves them in the car.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Replies (41-50):
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Call. seriously. 

sfkdny
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:25 PM

IMO, if her kids were to die in that car (God forbid) - their blood would be on your hands - CALL THE DAMN POLICE

smenjivar
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Because I have seen others being told to mind their own business when asked if they should call. So I'm asking everyone opinion

Quoting Rosamaria101:

Why aré you even asking? CALL
Lottie925
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:26 PM

The welfare and safety of children is all of our business. What Gods name do they do in the car all of that time! They could easily get out of the car. Get hurt in a million different ways.

vickiheitzler
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:26 PM
How is this even a question?? CALL!
angelbabies11
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Absolutely call cps!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:27 PM
I can't believe you even need to ask that, call
sfkdny
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:28 PM

give me the details and I will call the cops

Fullmoon_Goddes
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I would talk to the co worker before calling CPS. I would ask her if she is ok and if she needs help. Sometimes all it takes is someone to care enough to ask for the other person to see that their judgment is off. She must really be going through something to not think clearly.

I would only call CPS if she was unwilling to get help.

Remind her that churches can help. And if you have an employee assistance program at work, refer her.

Good luck
Liz132
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Leaving children unattended in the car for more an a few minutes is very dangerous. They could get hypothermia or overheat very quickly (depending on the weather) If I saw young children left alone in a car for more than 15mins I would call the cops. I'm thinking you must be trolling to even question it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured