Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

if u have had ur tubes tied.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies
Do u reget them getting tied?
What are the pros and cons for it?

I am having a baby in two months. I am thinking about getting it done but not sure. So any info will help me thanks
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Not at all.  I knew 100% that I was/am done.  

The pro no more babies (YAY!).  The con, depending on if you regret the decision, is no more babies.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:20 PM

I had Essure done instead. I love it. I was out that day and on pain meds for like 2 days and then back to normal. 

mtdew
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:21 PM

No I don't regret it at all!  Had mine done 12 years ago.  I have noticed heavier periods and more PMS, but I think that is due to my aging, not the tubal.

khloemum
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:21 PM

I kinda wish I had the option when I had mine... I dont know that I would have done it.. Im 27 and only have one... but I think Im good with just one!!

model1000mom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:21 PM

I had mine done 4 months ago when I had my son and was happy to have it done. But I did feel a little regret for a few weeks after but I am fine now. No cons in my case other than that brief regret moment.

mommasaint
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:22 PM

I don't regret it at all. But I was 100% sure we were done. I considered it after baby number 3, but we both couldn't say with 100% certainty that we were ready to do something so final. After baby #4 we were. 

Pros: No worrying about birth control.

Cons: None in my case. 

AHmom103
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:22 PM

I regret it 100%. I knew I didn't want any more kids, but my doctor never informed me of the risks and side effects of a tubal. I'm still happy with the fact that I will not have anymore kids, but I've had to go back on hormonal bc because I've had such horrible pms, heavy periods, and a lot of mood problems. Pretty much, I turned into a crazy person, and it's all because of the tubal.

B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:23 PM

I don't regret it at all. I am 100% sure I NEVER want to be pregnant again, so I love never having to think about birth control again.

However, the reversal is invasive, expensive, and only 40-50% successful, so don't do it unless you are absolutely sure that future pregnancies are out of the question.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Initially, I didn't want my tubes tied, but I also didn't want anymore kids. Although I haven't done any research to confirm this, if seems that my periods are heavier and my cramps are worse now.
blue_elephant
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:23 PM
If you get the essure for three months after getting it use a back up birth control method or you can get pregnant.
I got my tubes clamped and aside from the irregular periods and the breakthrough bleeding that occurred shortly after getting it done (up until 5 months post tubal) I haven't had any problems.

Pro no more babies, cons I don't have any...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)