Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My newborns sick, any suggestions?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
My babygirl is about to be two weeks. She has been having alot of flem in her mouth and she keeps chocking on it I could tell its making it hard for her to breath I feel so bad. This is my first baby so I really dont know what to do. Anything you girls suggest to get the mucus out her mouth to make her feel better. She also has a little cough but it more of the flem all in her mouth that bothers me I could hear it when she breaths
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
unusualmom
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Doctor

mommasaint
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Take her to the doctor if she has a cough. It is RSV season and at two weeks old a cough is nothing to mess around with. 

garnet83
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Like I say on every one of these types of posts.....CALL THE DOCTOR. In the mean time, lay her on her side so it comes out of her mouth instead of back in her throat so she doesn't choke.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:30 AM
You where rite. I went to the doctor and they ended up sending us to the hospital my baby testes positive for RSV:(

Quoting mommasaint:

Take her to the doctor if she has a cough. It is RSV season and at two weeks old a cough is nothing to mess around with. 

muzzyh
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry :( poor baby

Quoting Anonymous:

You where rite. I went to the doctor and they ended up sending us to the hospital my baby testes positive for RSV:(

Quoting mommasaint:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Well hopefully your little one gets better soon.
supermama322
by Kaylee on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:33 AM

To the DR! RSV is so dangerous for newborns and it's the season for it. My newborn (who is 4 months now) had it at 5 weeks. We were VERY lucky she was barely affected but I still took her to the ER.

sarahbsquare
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:34 AM

use a asperator to suck it out of her mouth

Chan_Brawner88
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Rsv is hard.... I'm sure they told you this but saline! Its natural and you can use it as often as she needs. Also this sounds crazy, but they make a battery powered booger sucker.... It is so amazing! For us its better and more sanitary than the bulb aspirator. Hope she gets better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:41 AM

One thing that worked well for me when mine were sick that little was to shut myself in the bathroom with the baby and turn the shower on as hot as it would go..

The steam and moisture helped clear them out a bit.

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN