Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I being a b••••? I told him to go, and I'm still the b****? Wtf?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 375 Replies
I'm currently 8 months pregnant, and I have a 2 yo dd. I'm a sahm if that's relevant. My dh has one week paid vacation at work. I asked him if he would use it when I have the baby, but he wants to use it in July to go to his moms wedding...

Am I being a bitch for being mad at him?

He can't split the days because it's a destination wedding and his mom already bought the plane tickets. No I'm not going to the wedding.

We have to pay her for the tickets that she bought last week, without even asking.

I told him to go to the wedding, without me. That my mom will stay with us for the first week, now he's the one that's pissed off.

Uhg.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmberRose1122
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:01 PM
6 moms liked this
Me personally, I'd rather take my time to spend with my newborn than at my moms wedding. Can he split his time up so he can do a bit of both? I don't think you're being bitchy for wanting that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ecerka
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:02 PM
I don't think you're being a bitch. Maybe he can take a few days off for both things and not miss either.
Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:04 PM
8 moms liked this
I'd agree with him using it for his moms wedding.

It's not your first child, so you pretty much know the ropes, & then he'll be there every evening after work.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:04 PM
2 moms liked this
As long as he was there for the birth and the day after, I would be fine with it... I'd rather cuddle my new baby then worry about anyone else.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:04 PM
12 moms liked this

I think that says a lot about your husband but none of it is good. Sorry.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:05 PM
She is having a destination wedding and bought the plane tickets already

Quoting ecerka:

I don't think you're being a bitch. Maybe he can take a few days off for both things and not miss either.
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Cant he just split the days? My husband gets three weeks but takes them at two day increments lined up with his monthly weekend off. So he gets 4 days off paid for two. :)

Photo: -Randi.

true-love-21
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:06 PM
I thought they give men a week off after the woman has the baby?? That's what their doing for dh.....
skittlebeans88
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:07 PM
3 moms liked this
No i definitely see where you're coming from. He should want to be there with you and the baby
ecerka
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:08 PM
That sucks. Well maybe he can take a couple of days off unpaid. It may mean a smaller check but you'd still have him there a couple days.

Quoting Anonymous:

She is having a destination wedding and bought the plane tickets already

Quoting ecerka:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)