Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tax return surprise! I am speechless!!!!!!

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:51 PM
  • 228 Replies
11 moms liked this

I recieved my W2's from my 2 jobs last year and saw that I would be getting about 300 dollars back. OK, I figured. Just enough to pay the rest of my energy bill.

I filed my taxes today and the man who did them for me just called and said "Your return jumped up quite a bit.....QUITE a bit....."
Once he filed my daughter, turns out, I qualify for something called earned income tax. (this is my 1st time filing, so I don't understand the lingo LOL)

HOLY CRAP ON A CRACKER. I'm getting just over 4,000 bucks back!!!!! it is ALL going directly into savings, hell yeah!!! Oh how we needed this. 

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats!
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:51 PM
5 moms liked this

It's a tax refund...

audreesmama
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you.

Quoting owl0210:

It's a tax refund...

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:53 PM
3 moms liked this
It just means either a) you don't know how to claim exemptions or b) you don't make jack to begin with.
xXSoSincereXx
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:54 PM
awesome
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ACDC_fan
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:25 PM
8 moms liked this

well at both jobs the managers coached me through the tax forms, so hey, I just did it right with what they told me.
And LOL I worked at steak n shake and toys r us. so no, i did not make "jack".
But 4 grand to us is huge, especially now. we are saving for our own place and now will put a hefty sum towards it! and can also give my in laws quite a bit. Financially, they have helped us out tremendously.

MY question is, why must some of you sound so pissy about it? screw that noise, I am THRILLED! 

Quoting Anonymous:

It just means either a) you don't know how to claim exemptions or b) you don't make jack to begin with.

ACDC_fan
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:27 PM

gee, really?

Quoting owl0210:

It's a tax refund...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:28 PM
4 moms liked this
Because it is free money you are given and didn't earn. Eitc is just pa. Would you be proud to get 4k in food stamps and Medicaid? I wouldn't.

Quoting ACDC_fan:

well at both jobs the managers coached me through the tax forms, so hey, I just did it right with what they told me.
And LOL I worked at steak n shake and toys r us. so no, i did not make "jack".
But 4 grand to us is huge, especially now. we are saving for our own place and now will put a hefty sum towards it! and can also give my in laws quite a bit. Financially, they have helped us out tremendously.

MY question is, why must some of you sound so pissy about it? screw that noise, I am THRILLED! 

Quoting Anonymous:

SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:29 PM

you're going to get massacred for this....EIC, just for your info so you know when people start killing you, is "earned income credit" and it basically means you got back more than you paid in because you didn't make enough.

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:29 PM
2 moms liked this

When you wrote "tax return surprise" it seemed as though you were alluding to it as a return not a refund. That's all.  

Quoting ACDC_fan:

gee, really?

Quoting owl0210:

It's a tax refund...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)