Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what should i do about my pot smoking neighbors?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 110 Replies

the young couple that just moved in to the apt next to me smoke weed 24/7 my apt reeks like a skunk sprayed ,its coming in thru my bathroom vent and the hall outside our 2 apts smells like skunk too, i know for a fact its them because it started as soon as they moved in and one time they came out into the hallway att the same time as me and as soon as they opened the door it poured out (the smell) and they started laughing,saying it sure smells like weed in the hallway as if it wasnt them

i wouldnt give a shit if they smoked it if it wasnt pouring into my apt and stinking up the place

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atyou
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 5:54 PM
2 moms liked this
Burn an incense.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
trolldog
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 5:55 PM
11 moms liked this

Smoke it too so you won't notice it so much.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 5:56 PM
5 moms liked this
Uhhhh complain to management or call the police. Really the only two things you can do.
AntzMom24
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 5:56 PM
3 moms liked this

Tell the landlord then try to wait til they "spark up" and call the cops. The smell alone is probable cause to go in and search. 

misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 5:57 PM

If it's bothering you then talk to the landlord maybe? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Report them to your landlord or the police.Especially if they have children.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 5:57 PM
3 moms liked this

If ya can't beat em, join em :)

Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 5:57 PM
4 moms liked this

I would check the smoking laws for your building.  Maybe its not allowed...If it is...then move or burn an incense.

Or, and here is a novel idea....talk to them about it....mhmm...be like, "hey, sorry we havn't formerly met before now but it would be really great if you guys could smoke outside, it fills up my whole apartment and I think im getting a contact high."...They will probably laugh and be happy to oblige.  

bear.katten
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 5:58 PM
4 moms liked this
Next time you see them just say "Your smoke is coming into my apartment through my bathroom vent." They'll probably get scared that you'll tell the landlord or call the cops and try to cover up the smell by shutting their bathroom door (if thats what room its coming into) or opening a window when they smoke.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
harehelper
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 5:58 PM
2 moms liked this

Talk to the owner/managerof the apartment complex, mabye? We had a similar situation when I was pregnant with our twins. My DH went over there and told them his wife is pregnant and we were smelling their pot through the air vents, and could they please smoke outside? Thankfully they were really nice about it and immedialty apologised and promised to smoke outside.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)