Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

God does not exist (Hypothetical Scenario)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 240 Replies
If tommorrow the scientic and religious communities, as a whole, came out with irrefutable proof that all religion was bogus, all religious literature was fabricated and there was absolute proof that no deity has ever existed, would you still believe in and practice your religion? Or would you move on and and accept that you (and every other religious person) was wrong?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
winkyloafer
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:55 PM
15 moms liked this
There's already a lot of scientific evidence contradicting a lot of teachings from various religions. It hasn't stopped them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:55 PM
8 moms liked this
Atheists spend a long time thinking up impossible, hypothetical questions to try to outwit Christians...it seems like a bit of a waste of time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:56 PM
11 moms liked this

Umm...you can't scientifically prove that something does NOT exist...just sayin...

SlightlyPerfect
Just imagine how much people could accomplish after they accept that there is no god. No god to blame. No god to thank. No god to praise. No god to grant or deny requests. No predetermined plan. Just imagine the possibilities that would come with that one realization that people have to take ownership of themselves, their choices, and their moral obligations.
Yesterday at 10:57 AM
by Babushka Blockparty on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:56 PM
3 moms liked this

Pretty sure science has done all it can do.

But, no, people would still believe. They would just redefine the god concept to keep it as "possible."

slightlyperfect

MomTo2Boys12
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, but it's not our job to decide for people if they do or do not believe. I don't see why we have to cram shit down believer's throats.

I don't believe and wouldn't waste my time craving things down people's throats that they don't care to hear about.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FoodIsLife
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:56 PM

the limit does not exist either

jynkx
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:57 PM
2 moms liked this

why do you care?

PerfectVirgo
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:57 PM
6 moms liked this
I'd still believe. My religion is just that:: mine.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GELiz
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:58 PM
15 moms liked this

NOpe, I will never accept that God does not exist because when I accepted Jesus into my heart, there was a real change within myself that I will never forget. IT was an experience that was given to me, and not made up of myself. Since then, God has made himself very real to me and in my life and my belief in him is much more that just a belief- it is a relationship. Scientists like to think that they can prove all kinds of things and then we find out later that they were wrong, and it all depends on which scientist you want to listen to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:58 PM
3 moms liked this

God exists to me and in me. That is all that matters to me. I dotnncarenwhat other people think. Or what religion they do or do to practice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)