Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

miscarriage questions EDIT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies
1 mom liked this

My friend recentally told everyone she had a miscarriage I want to be there for her but she has been known of lying in the past. My problem is this  she told everyone she was pregnant then once we all began to congratulate her and ask when she was going to have an ultra sound or how the pregnancy was 3 days later she miscarries. She said she had a miscarriage on friday and is already back to work? Ladies help me out here am I over thinking this or is it possible? I want to be a good friend and be there for her but I feel like its a lie i cant shake it...

Just to clear this up I have been there for her every step of the way. I have not mentioned my suspicions to anyone else except on here. I would never accuse her to her face of something like this. I was just very suspcious and wanted to know if I am over thinking this or what???

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
erica7227
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:33 PM

It depends. I had an ultrasound which showed no heartbeat, then a d&c. I only missed 1 day of work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:34 PM

I've had 3 miscarriages. 1 was at 20weeks. It took me 3 weeks before I could go back to work. The other two were on the 5-8 week mark, and I was back on my feet within 2 days.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:34 PM
I didn't miss any work. I bled for 5 weeks and cramped badly but my work doesn't require strenuous activity ( graphic designer(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:35 PM
It depends on how far along she was. If she wasnt far along, then she should be fine to go back to work the following day after. I was 13 weeks with twins and I was back at work the next day. Everyone is different though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Thanks ladies for the responses just hard not to have my guard up around this girl

FoodIsLife
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:36 PM

I smell a dirty rat.

MandaJo111
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:36 PM

I miscarried, never missed any work -- I actually started miscarrying while at work.  I got through it and was able to get pregnant two weeks later with my DD that is now 7. 

ccoyle4
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Depends. Besides my 4yo, I miscarry at 5 weeks every time. 2 miscarriages in 3 months. This last 1, I miscarried 2 days before my ultrasound. Don't assume she's lying bc no sooner than she announced, she miscarried.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:37 PM
I've had 4 miscarriages, 3 natural, I was fine physically after all.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PhoenixsMommy10
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Miscarriages don't always require down time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)