Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DH THREATENED ME!!!!I can't believe dh said that!!! IDK how else to react!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
So dh and I have has quite a few heated arguments over discipline esp with dd. well tonight I have implemented a new method where it is kinda like her school where they pull a card and there is a consequence. Well she didnt like it and neither did he and he let me know so before we could even get started he snaps and tells me and I quote ; if you don't wanna end up a single mom like your sis shut up! As soon as he said those words I paled and feared up and he immediately regretted it I saw it in his eyes but he said nothing. Neither did I. I just walked into our bathroom and silently cried. He is in the room "sleeping " and ima gonna take a shower with ds 1. I feel so hurt he'd even bring that up and I don't even wanna look at him right now. As I type this I'm friggin crying. Ugh!!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:10 PM
3 moms liked this
Really?.........

He was mad, he said something stupid. Get over it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Honestly he should not have said it but I think your over reacting
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Its time for a D.I.V.O.R.C.E
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:17 PM
People say things in the heat of the moment, I think you may be over reacting just a bit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:17 PM

i would kill him. sorry he said that to you. I would nlot be able to let my SO sleep, I would be bitching him out 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:20 PM

really..over discipline ...and the discipline seems appropriate...i told my dh one day...FINE , il let her run out of control and i wont say shit, il let you handle it....well lets just say he regretted making me feel that way quickly

morriganna
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:22 PM

You guys both sound melodramatic.  Maybe it's just me, but being a single parent was much easier in a lot of ways.  I would have reduced dh to a whimpering mess if he said that though lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:22 PM
This. He was totally out of line but id not freak out too much. My ex threatened to slit my wrists so he coukd have our son all to himself and id be deemed unfit.

Quoting Anonymous:

People say things in the heat of the moment, I think you may be over reacting just a bit.

LoveTragedyFun
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:23 PM

I would rather be a single mom than be with a dick head who threatens me like that.

20Keller12
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:23 PM
I'd look him in the eye and say "being a single mom sounds like a great idea, actually." (Whether you mean it or not). Make the asshole beg.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)