Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Cougar.... yep, thats me....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

I am 35 years old and just got out of a year long relationship with someone that was very wrong for me.... took me a few months to see the light, but I did and got out. I met someone new - we started out as friends and I have known him for about 6 months. I was kinda attracted to him when we met, but since I was in this rocky relationship I made sure I kept my feelings in check until I was out of the relationship. Now that I am, I have grown smitten over the new guy, only to find out his age. He is 8 years younger then me.... at first i was in "sticker shock". I even made him show me his driver's license because I didnt believe him. He then asked me my age beause he thought there was no way I was older then 29, 30 at the most. He has not problem with my age and actually loves it because he knows I am independant, established and not going to play games with him. I am the one having a hard time with the ago thing..... Hes good to me, treats my son very well, and is an overall good person, so there should not be an issue... But I just cant get over it and I do not know why.... 

Any advice? Or do i need to just suck it up and get over it? 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Age is nothing but a number. If he makes you happy what you waiting for:)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Men have dated younger forevvvvvver. How did we get stuck with the damn COUGAR term?? LOL  I hate it.

sarahbsquare
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:14 PM

i would suck it up maybe you are still insecure from your previous relationship and it is moving it's way into this one

chane_L
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this

i'm close to 6yrs older than my hubs and we've married almost 14yrs now

amanda357
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Age is just a number!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aislinn
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Suck it up and walk with your head held high, Sister! lol

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm 35, my man is 20. Age is a number. We have an awesome relationship

morriganna
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats!  At 27 he is plenty old enough to understand what he's getting into so enjoy.  It's not like you trolled the high school for a barely legal senior lol.

mich.el.le
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Is he immature? No? Then go for it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:33 PM
For all of you saying age is just a number, would you feel that way if he was 21 and she was 47? Very curious.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)