Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Ok so, my boyfriend told me today that he thinks he wants me to get a boob job or a boob lift. After having two children my breasts aren't so perky like normal girls my age. I will just be turning 20 this year in August. I am a little self conscious about my boobs being this way because i DO wanna look nice. But, i don't really want work done. Plus now that he's mentioned it i feel me insecure about it. I don't even want to take my shirt off in front of him. It kind of hurts my feelings even though it probably shouldn't. I don't know. Sorry i just had to get it off my shoulders =/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Replies (41-50):
krazykiddles
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:03 AM

The recovery isn't as bad as I thought it would be.  I am a huge baby when it comes to pain.  The worst was getting the stitches removed...it felt like a difficult wax job (think underarms) that is the most sensitive area to get waxed IMO.  You just can't use your arms and you just use your legs to get up and down.  The recliner will be your best friend, lying in bed is very difficult (not painful just uncomfortable).

Quoting anotherhalf:

I would love a boob job.  I'm afraid of the recovery because I've seen how painful it.

MsMimna
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Is he thinking of you or himself? I had one and I did it for myself. I feel so much more confidant and comfortable about the way I look. But I did wait until I was finished having children. At 20, you may still want more kids, this will affect things because your body goes through changes. As for the recovery, there are new ways of doing the implants that the recovery time is minimal. No more wearing a tight sports bar for 6 weeks and being in constant pain. Trust me....it was pain, but still worth it !!

ProudMomma1022
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:12 AM
My dh wont let me get one. I had As before kids and i have breastfed all three for different time periods. But when im nit breastfeeding my boobs are so flat that i lay down and i look like a 10 year old boy. He says once i get a boob job i will leave him. Im hoping to convince him for my 30th bday he will let me get one. I just want to be a full B maybe a small C. Just be proportional.
huntersmom1007
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:45 AM

If you get it done do it for you and not him.  You can go in and talk to a cosmetic surgean for advice.  It doesn't cost anything for that. 

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:46 AM

i really want a lift, but honestly, if my husband suggested it, it would really hurt my feelings. 

butterflycircle
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:51 AM

I wouldn't do it if you don't want it done. I wont ever do something to change my body unless it is medically needed. I believe that God made you just the way you are suppose to be : ). Saggy boobs come with being  a mommy, like stretch  marks lol. Have you tried a push up bra or something maybe as an alternitive? I would talk to him about how you feel about this. About your insecurities and how it is worst b/c of what he said too. Also that this is plastic surgery and you are not sure yet if you want to go that far to alternate your body. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:51 AM
I won't get surgery of any kind unless it's necessary. Women are expected to look a certain way that they wouldn't be if it wasn't rammed down our necks. I have 4 I an 30 breastfed all of them till after 12 months and believe me they have seen their better days but for me that's life. I honestly think our generation is on sui many anti depressants because we can't even live in reality anymore. I will not subject myself to that torture, I am who I am. My kids are healthy we have a roof over our head and honestly with so many people living in poverty I will rather help them than line the pockets of the plastic surgeons.
was2now3
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:01 AM
I wouldn't get implants, but i would get them lifted. Bfing kills your boobs :-( but i have at least one more baby too bf and depending may have a 4th so i wouldn't be getting that for a while if ever lol
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I would lose the BF.

smushy79
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I got one 7 years ago and am sooo happy I did. Do it for you, NOT him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)