Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fricken cancer at 25? You have got to be kidding me!

Posted by   + Show Post
I have been having issues with periods for three years. Biweekly debilitating periods. My last pregnancy I bled the entire 9 months and had a lot of trouble keeping her in. Inept going to the dr and nothing. Finally he agreed after my last to tie my tubes and do the novasure procedure. I had a ultrasound saying everything looked normal like it should. He had to do the novasure twice because I shut the machine off with how much tissue I had. I had this done in January. I had bleeding for two months after and still am having Lot of pain, fatigue among other things. Well my dr sent me to ultrasound all my organs in my abdominal area. She thought I was having gallbladder issues and possibly something went wrong with my tubal. I had this done yesterday morning and could tell something wasn't sitting well with the tech. Well my dr shouldn't have gotten the results for a few more days. She calls me today. Tells me the tech had the radiologist look at mine right away. She said it looks like endometrial carcinoma. I am being referred to a gyn to do a biopsy because my lining is way to thick and abnormal. Anyone who knows about novasure is it thins and stops the uterus from making lining. I shouldn't have more lining then I should have I should have less. She has me freaked out!

Sorry everythingis squished together ladies but I'm a little shaken
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Replies (11-20):
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:26 AM

I'm pretty surprised she gave you any kind of prognosis like this over the phone, especially before the biopsy..

Stay positive.  

Quoting CM_Junkie:

It's sad Part of me wants this to Be the answer just so I can finally handle what is wrong with me and get it over with but another part is scared of the c word. I'm trying to stay away but I'm still blown away she even said the word.

Quoting KristenFowles:

I know very little about this..  Remember that this is just a prognosis, NOT a diagnosis.  

And stay away from google for now.

I wish you the very best.  

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

CM_Junkie
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:28 AM
I was very shocked also. Especially since she is very reserved always about these things. Let alone the fact she personally called me instead of a nurse calling me like normal to give results.

Quoting KristenFowles:

I'm pretty surprised she gave you any kind of prognosis like this over the phone, especially before the biopsy..

Stay positive.  

Quoting CM_Junkie:

It's sad Part of me wants this to Be the answer just so I can finally handle what is wrong with me and get it over with but another part is scared of the c word. I'm trying to stay away but I'm still blown away she even said the word.

Quoting KristenFowles:

I know very little about this..  Remember that this is just a prognosis, NOT a diagnosis.  

And stay away from google for now.

I wish you the very best.  

justone_jen
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this
hugs!
MaddiesMama09
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't have any words of wisdom but i wanted to offer my support! Hopefully it's just a fluke and there is something else causing the thick lining. Sending prayers and good vibes your way! Keep us posted.
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

((hugs))

I hope everythings okay!
TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry.  I pray it isn't as bad as that person suspects and that there is a simpler, easier answer. 

casseopeia
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:33 AM
1 mom liked this

When I had fibroids (non-cancerous tumors) I had to have an endometrial biopsy to confirm that there was no cancer.  I gotta tell you that it was one of the most painful things I have ever had to do.  Take something like ibuprofin right before and try to meditate during the procedure.  My doctor didn't warn me beforehand.  I wish I had time to prepare for it.

StacyO722
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry you are going through this. I'm cancer free for 22 years and I'm only 33. It can hit you at any age. Wait for the final test results. There are lots of great Dr's out there :) Hugs hon!

marihla
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I just had an ultrasound of my spleen because my platelets are dangerously low. My doctor's office called me right away to book an appointment to talk about the results. I have been having some problems too. I'm bat-shit crazy, worrying about what it could be.

t1gger143
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:36 AM
They thought that I may have this a year ago. I didn't. I went through the ultrasounds and gallbladder tests. I was so scared. I do have endo and its extremely painful because its on my colon and cluster stones in both kidneys. Think positive and take things one step at a time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured