Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Fricken cancer at 25? You have got to be kidding me!

Posted by   + Show Post
I have been having issues with periods for three years. Biweekly debilitating periods. My last pregnancy I bled the entire 9 months and had a lot of trouble keeping her in. Inept going to the dr and nothing. Finally he agreed after my last to tie my tubes and do the novasure procedure. I had a ultrasound saying everything looked normal like it should. He had to do the novasure twice because I shut the machine off with how much tissue I had. I had this done in January. I had bleeding for two months after and still am having Lot of pain, fatigue among other things. Well my dr sent me to ultrasound all my organs in my abdominal area. She thought I was having gallbladder issues and possibly something went wrong with my tubal. I had this done yesterday morning and could tell something wasn't sitting well with the tech. Well my dr shouldn't have gotten the results for a few more days. She calls me today. Tells me the tech had the radiologist look at mine right away. She said it looks like endometrial carcinoma. I am being referred to a gyn to do a biopsy because my lining is way to thick and abnormal. Anyone who knows about novasure is it thins and stops the uterus from making lining. I shouldn't have more lining then I should have I should have less. She has me freaked out!

Sorry everythingis squished together ladies but I'm a little shaken
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Replies (21-30):
CM_Junkie
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:37 AM
I will hope everything is well for you! I'm praying the gyn can get me in ASAP to get this handled

Quoting marihla:

I just had an ultrasound of my spleen because my platelets are dangerously low. My doctor's office called me right away to book an appointment to talk about the results. I have been having some problems too. I'm bat-shit crazy, worrying about what it could be.

marihla
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:39 AM

And now I'll be thinking of you too lol. Hopefully everything is okay for both of us. I cling to the hope that if something were terribly wrong, they would've caught it during my pregnancy. My daughter's five months old.

Quoting CM_Junkie:

I will hope everything is well for you! I'm praying the gyn can get me in ASAP to get this handled

Quoting marihla:

I just had an ultrasound of my spleen because my platelets are dangerously low. My doctor's office called me right away to book an appointment to talk about the results. I have been having some problems too. I'm bat-shit crazy, worrying about what it could be.

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Have they done the CA125 blood test? 

I had an ovarian tumor 8 years ago, causing the same symtoms that you describe.  I had a hysterectomy, and my ovaries removed (and my appendix, because they said I'd be at higher risk for appendicitis).  Once I healed (about 6 weeks) I realized it was the best thing that could ever happen.  Only regret they wouldn't do it sooner.

CM_Junkie
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:40 AM
I keep hoping, even though I can't find a single case of it happening, that the novasure caused the lining to thicken but it's no biggie. Fingers crossed for us borh

Quoting marihla:

And now I'll be thinking of you too lol. Hopefully everything is okay for both of us. I cling to the hope that if something were terribly wrong, they would've caught it during my pregnancy. My daughter's five months old.

Quoting CM_Junkie:

Quoting marihla:

marihla
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Yes maybe there was a complication with that. It could be anything, big or small :)

Quoting CM_Junkie:

I keep hoping, even though I can't find a single case of it happening, that the novasure caused the lining to thicken but it's no biggie. Fingers crossed for us borh

Quoting marihla:

Quoting CM_Junkie:

Quoting marihla:

CM_Junkie
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:43 AM
No I have not. My regular physician said she feels more comfortable with immediately handing me off to someone who focuses on this area and will not waste time. Just get straight to the one who will know what to do

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Have they done the CA125 blood test? 

I had an ovarian tumor 8 years ago, causing the same symtoms that you describe.  I had a hysterectomy, and my ovaries removed (and my appendix, because they said I'd be at higher risk for appendicitis).  Once I healed (about 6 weeks) I realized it was the best thing that could ever happen.  Only regret they wouldn't do it sooner.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:43 AM
She told you this over the phone? My Dr. makes me come to the office to get results.
KyrinM
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:44 AM

Cancer doesn't care how old you are.  A friend of mine's 9 year old boy just had one of his testicles removed due to it being cancerous. He is only 9 years old!  I hope that all goes well for you & they find out what is wrong & that it can be dealt with quickly.  Wishing you luck!

sarahbsquare
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:48 AM
1 mom liked this

i'm sorry hunny bunny that you have to go through this.

You are a brave amazing woman and never forget that.

CM_Junkie
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes. Shocked the heck out of me! She wanted me to call and make an appt the next day to get in faster. That part I understand

Quoting Anonymous:

She told you this over the phone? My Dr. makes me come to the office to get results.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)