Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Fricken cancer at 25? You have got to be kidding me!

Posted by   + Show Post
I have been having issues with periods for three years. Biweekly debilitating periods. My last pregnancy I bled the entire 9 months and had a lot of trouble keeping her in. Inept going to the dr and nothing. Finally he agreed after my last to tie my tubes and do the novasure procedure. I had a ultrasound saying everything looked normal like it should. He had to do the novasure twice because I shut the machine off with how much tissue I had. I had this done in January. I had bleeding for two months after and still am having Lot of pain, fatigue among other things. Well my dr sent me to ultrasound all my organs in my abdominal area. She thought I was having gallbladder issues and possibly something went wrong with my tubal. I had this done yesterday morning and could tell something wasn't sitting well with the tech. Well my dr shouldn't have gotten the results for a few more days. She calls me today. Tells me the tech had the radiologist look at mine right away. She said it looks like endometrial carcinoma. I am being referred to a gyn to do a biopsy because my lining is way to thick and abnormal. Anyone who knows about novasure is it thins and stops the uterus from making lining. I shouldn't have more lining then I should have I should have less. She has me freaked out!

Sorry everythingis squished together ladies but I'm a little shaken
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Replies (31-40):
Allebas
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry OP!! :(  I know what its like to have someone tell you something scary over the phone! I had a nurse tell me I had a high level of protein in my urine! I KNOW that protein in your urine is NOT GOOD! I went to see a Nephrologist for it. THANKFULLY, he put me on a blood pressure medicine, and it is keeping my body from producing protein. If you have protein in your urine, it can cause your kidneys to stop working!!

I will be praying for you OP!! Please keep us updated!!!  {{HUGS!!!}}

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Quoting CM_Junkie:

No I have not. My regular physician said she feels more comfortable with immediately handing me off to someone who focuses on this area and will not waste time. Just get straight to the one who will know what to do

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Have they done the CA125 blood test? 

I had an ovarian tumor 8 years ago, causing the same symtoms that you describe.  I had a hysterectomy, and my ovaries removed (and my appendix, because they said I'd be at higher risk for appendicitis).  Once I healed (about 6 weeks) I realized it was the best thing that could ever happen.  Only regret they wouldn't do it sooner.

Probably a good plan.  They'll do a more detailed sonogram.  Probably also send you (no matter what the CA125 results are) to a gynocological oncologist.

ksueditz
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:58 AM
Sorry. Hoping for good results.
funmommy123
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Sending good thoughts your way!
LexsMami
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:04 AM
Good luck with everything!! I wish you the best and will definitely say a prayer for you/send good juju!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:04 AM
how the hell is that possable when you have been bleeding so much
?
teal_phoenix
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:06 AM

hugs!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Good luck mija....unfortunately, cancer doesn't discriminate. I hope you don't have anything to do with cancer, its awful, and if you do, I hope you pull through.

Tinabee88
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:10 AM
I'm at a high risk for endometrial cancer because my PCOS causes secondary amenorrhea and I got 2-3 years between periods. I didn't know this until I was 2011 when I was 23 years old. Now I induce periods every 3 months.

Cancer is a scary disease and it affects people of all ages. I pray they caught it early. You're in my thoughts. Stay strong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CM_Junkie
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:16 AM
The lining? I have no clue.

Quoting Anonymous:

how the hell is that possable when you have been bleeding so much

?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)